WGI clips

Hey guys, WGI has posted some short clips of guards at World Championships (shout-out to Matty from Rhapsody WG for letting me know about it). Go to www.wgi.org, then to their multimedia page, click on CGTV and it should take you right to the clips.

Okay so I watched the clips (and bravo WGI for putting up over a minute of shows from every single finalist) and I've got to say:

I still think Fantasia should have won!

Pride had a great, great technical and very demanding book. But it was so cerebral that it's hard to get into (although I can appreciate the level of complexity). It's kinda like watching a great mathematician solve a complex equation - you know its hard and that the guy is a genious, but its still not all that fun to watch!

Corona just rocks - hardest equipment book ever - and they have the members that can perform it!

Phantom Regiment was the most musical book I've ever seen - the writing is phenomenal (especially the flag work)

In scholastic world - I'm AMAZED by Avon - that show was so complex and difficult - I just can't beleive how well they pulled it off - and they're all in high school (that just blows my mind).

It just won't be the same without James Logan next year - and can you imagine the pressure those kids must be under to not be the "first" Logan guard that losses?

And the overall quality of scholastic open and A is phenomenal (especially scholastic A). You really have to be good to win that class!!!!!!!

Later,

Mike

And the overall quality of scholastic open and A is phenomenal (especially scholastic A). You really have to be good to win that class!!!!!!!

Later,

Mike

No joke! The whole time we were watching SA Finals we kept joking that these were the best SW prelims we've ever seen. To tell the truth I think that as far as technique goes SA was a little above SO. I just didn't love most of SO...except of course those few that everyone would love.(Carmel!)

I just didn't love most of SO...except of course those few that everyone would love.(Carmel!)

Don't forget Warren Central!

(just a little biased, since I graduated from there!)

Sally