Rifle Injuries

so ive been practicing basics and tosses for like an hour or two for the past week sans gloves and my hands hurt like hell...do gloves really help?

yes. run to the nearest Sports Authority, or Modell's and grab some fitness gloves.

You can always order online from guard suppliers, but these will solve your immediate need.

yes. run to the nearest Sports Authority, or Modell's and grab some fitness gloves.

You can always order online from guard suppliers, but these will solve your immediate need.

yeah..where i live we dont have either one of those stores...would dicks sporting good carry em? would i buy half gloves or full gloves and do they have the holes in them?

Dicks should have them. Wal-Mart sometimes carries them too (either bicycling or weight lifting gloves). I don't know what you mean by half but you probably want fingerless. Just make sure there's lots of padding in the palm area but they still allow full movement of the hands.

If we're talking about playing around in the yard and practicing, look for something like this at Dick's

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/ind...rentPage=family

I usually find the ones that do have the holes (and actually I've bought the white ones and dyed them tan to use as show gloves). However, certain groups may require you to get a specific type.

yeah..where i live we dont have either one of those stores...would dicks sporting good carry em? would i buy half gloves or full gloves and do they have the holes in them?

K-Mart should have something similar, too.

You can get guard-specific gloves from Algy and Fred J. Miller, too. With S&H, it costs pretty much the same as gloves you would get at Wal-Mart or Big 5 Sporting Goods, and they come in tan as well as black. They're designed a bit differently from weight lifting or bicycle gloves in that they have padding in all the right places and are a bit more flexible. Just a thought.

It kind of depends on what you're looking for though. Because personally, I don't like the guard gloves sometimes because it can be too much padding for me. I feel like I can't grasp my equipment as well. Whatever you pick you'll get used to eventually. I wish I could find some tan non-padded gloves. I'm not looking forward to trying tp spin with a pillow already in my hand lol.