Halftime Magaine online

Halftime Magazine's article online

Halftime Magazine is now posted online at www.halftimemag.com.

Premiering in July 2007, Halftime Magazine is a glossy print magazine that highlights the “sights, sounds and spirit of marching band.” This bimonthly lifestyle magazine connects high school and college musician-athletes through shared experiences about competitions, school spirit, and band traditions with profiles, first-person accounts and thought-provoking feature stories. In addition, the publication will provide tips to enhance students’ musical and marching skills as well as connect the band community through news, events calendars and product reviews.

Check out the drum corps feature article on last year's top 5 finalists.

Mission: Halftime Magazine™ enhances the marching students’ love of music and performance by providing education, entertainment and inspiration in a bimonthly printed magazine.

Halftime Magazine is also a proud sponsor of the 2007 Drum Corps International World Championships.

Be sure to check out the Community section of the website. It's interactive like a marching arts version of MySpace with blogs, polls, quizzes, video, forums, announcements, pictures, and you can make your own profile.

Musically,

-=GM=-

I'm familiar with this new yet-to-be-released publication (as I did research for the article on marching bands in the movies) and it is one I hope drum corps fans embrace. It's unlike anything else I've seen and it will do a great job helping marching band folk appreciate drum corps (helping us develop new fans) and will help many of us better appreciate the world of marching band.

And the fact the publication is supporting the DCI World Championships is a nice touch.