Mini Corps at DCA 07'

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I heard it right...

This past weekend, Dick Pronti mentioned an 8:00 pm start for mini-corps.

Don't miss it!

at 15 minutes per corps, that means the last competing corps goes on at 11:45,...............mass ensemble after that,..............awards, etc,..................gonna be a long night,................. better pack a cooler!

at 15 minutes per corps, that means the last competing corps goes on at 11:45,...............mass ensemble after that,..............awards, etc,..................gonna be a long night,................. better pack a cooler!

Dick also mentioned 13 minutes per.

When you consider that many of the shows aren't usually the full length... it might be doable, on average.

As Tom points out, not every corps uses all 15 minutes allotted so there will likely be a shorter time to get through 16+ corps.

(I believe last year, they made up about 45 minutes by the time Mass Brass hit the stage.)

..............as we were on first last year, I wouldn't know the answer to this question,........................how is it the corps were notified of the moved up report times?

We were given an estimated performance time but were told to be available as much as 30-45 minutes sooner if the show sped along. When we finally got up to the performance area (well in advance of our scheduled time) we were told to hustle it up as we were going on next...the mini corps just have to be ready as early as they are warned to be, I guess.

Edited by strutta

Okay, let's see. We've gotten responses from:

Crossmen Extreme

Erie T'Birds

The Outlaws

Capital Brass

Gold Rush

Mass Brass

Renegades

So Cal Dream

Anybody else?

How many Min Corps are allowed to enter and which rules and regs will be followed, MCA's or DCA's? (That is of course if MCA has established rules that are not necessarily the same as DCA's.)

I know that the St. Kevins Emerald Knights and the mini-corps of the Manchester Muchachos (Amosqueog ? Sound) have been planning on performing.

So how will performance order be selected? I remember seeing a doc somewhere along the line where previous performing units will go on in the latter part of the evening with the new kids on the block on earlier. I couldn't make out how the order was created last year. Seemed rather random, like by post marks or something.

I understand that order will be chosen on which corps has the cutest high brass, so EXTREME will have its choice.

Jimbalaya

So how will performance order be selected? I remember seeing a doc somewhere along the line where previous performing units will go on in the latter part of the evening with the new kids on the block on earlier. I couldn't make out how the order was created last year. Seemed rather random, like by post marks or something.