Mini Corps at DCA 07'

Well I think it is time for a Mini Corps Retreat with all of us playing a tune. Who is going to pick it out. Lets do it. I am serious. 340 brass blowing that hall down. WOW. Pure Evil!!! ^0^ I also think we will eventually need our own evening as this continues to grow. b**bs b**bs b**bs

That would be awesome. But please make sure we get it transposed into Bb/F as well as G in time for the gig. I'm not sure we ever got that figured out correctly last year.

Of course we could just hold down the third button and go for white noise, or better yet, the legendary 'brown' note.

Edited by mchromik

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is music on the MCA website in my sig below for both Auld Lang Syne and Battle Hymn of the Republic for the final number of the evening. Battle Hymn is available in G or Bb. Syne is just in G.

If someone has another tune suggestion and can provide the arrangement, I'm sure most mini corps would play it and I'm equally sure the MCA site would be willing to host it with help from our web guru, Gary Matczak...

Edited by strutta

Minne-Brass performed last night for the Stillwater show, and the crowd loved us.

Brent Turner rocked with his cuica. His towel was all wet.

Roger............looking forward to seeing you in Rochester, but will the cuica be exposed?

Jim

Minne-Brass performed last night for the Stillwater show, and the crowd loved us.

Brent Turner rocked with his cuica. His towel was all wet.

For Various reasons, we will not list the competitive Corps in the Mini show untill 2 weeks before the show. We will add venues to be sure that we can accomodate the corps that enter. However there is only so much time in the arena, so if your material isn't in, or you haven't contacted Barb, I'm not sure we can still hold a spot.

As far as how the pace of I&E registration is going (the entire I&E show, not just mini-corps).... from the guy who brings in Barbara's mail:

The pace is starting to pick up.... entries are coming in.

BUT the last month is traditionally the time when the entries start pouring in. We are almost at that time!!!!

The deadline for entries is Saturday, August 18.

So if you haven't entered the I&E show yet, now's the time to get in!!!!!!

Fran

• 4 weeks later...

I went to the MCS site, but can't find the massed corps tunes. Would love to find them so we can run through the music at rehearsal. A little help, please?

Also, what is everyone playing for repertoire?

Renegades Minicorps will be performing:

Ya Gotta Try, featuring Larrie Dastrup, Trumpet and Zak Morton, drum set

Senorita del Sol, featuring Roland Garceau, Trumpet

Everybody Loves the Blues, featuring Dave Landers, Baritone and Rich Duarte, Soprano

Looking forward to sharing the stage with all the great performers in the minicorps division!

OK, I foind the massed tunes - now I will just encourage everyone to download them and practice with your group before we get to Rochester - let's make these tunes sound better than ever!

Chris........the pull down menu for Mass Ensemble has the parts in both G & Bb/F for Battle Hymn & in G for Auld Lang Syne.......Ken Norman's arrangements I think

J

I went to the MCS site, but can't find the massed corps tunes. Would love to find them so we can run through the music at rehearsal. A little help, please?

Also, what is everyone playing for repertoire?

Renegades Minicorps will be performing:

Ya Gotta Try, featuring Larrie Dastrup, Trumpet and Zak Morton, drum set

Senorita del Sol, featuring Roland Garceau, Trumpet

Everybody Loves the Blues, featuring Dave Landers, Baritone and Rich Duarte, Soprano

Looking forward to sharing the stage with all the great performers in the minicorps division!

Tish from Minne Brass has offered to post up another tune or two if there's enough interest. We're working on getting them up on the MCA site soon. However, either of the tunes up there would be fine to do en masse IMHO.

My concern is if we'll have enough time to even do a mass ensemble? From what I see here and what I've heard, there could be as many as 17 mini corps competing!!!

YAHOO!!!

My concern is if we'll have enough time to even do a mass ensemble? From what I see here and what I've heard, there could be as many as 17 mini corps competing!!!

Right on Strutta, so let's take a shot at updating the list of registered entries,..............please chime in and confirm your corps registration!

1 - Erie T'Birds - Registered

2 - The Outlaws (Frontier)

3 - Capital Brass

4 - Gold Rush (Carolina Gold)

5 - Mass Brass

6 - Renegades

7 - So Cal Dream

8 - Gost Riders (parts unknown)

9 - St. Kevin's

10- Star United (Star of Indiana +)

11- Minni Brass (Minnesota Brass)

12- Golden Eagles (W. Sayville,NY)

13- Amoskeag Sound (Manchester,NH Muchachos)

14- Crossmen Xtreme

15- NY Skyliners

16- Derby City

17. Pembroke Imperials