Florida Wave 1987-1988

Does anyone on the forum know of a LEGAL way in which I can acquire video and/or audio for these two Florida Wave shows? 1987 was their best shot to make Finals (shoulda beat Sky), and 1988 was still one heck of a show back in the days where 13th place was more competitive than it is nowadays.

I don't believe DCI sells anything but the Top 12 from those years, hence my question.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get an answer to this question, I would love to get my hands on the '89 show. They had a soprano soloist from hell during their version of Malaga.

Edited by EKBari

If you get an answer to this question, I would love to get my hands on the '89 show. They had a soprano soloist from hell during their versin of Malaga.

That sop soloist was Larry Shane, who later went on to march BD and played the solo in the "Tommy" show from 1990. He was a product of Miramar High School, who actually turned out quite a few drum corps products (Larry marched Wave and BD, a girl named Cathy marched SCV in 1989, Marcos Martinez and Dwight Parsons, myself, Frank Sylvia...ah, good ol' MHS).

He's around here somewhere, lurking. Hey Larry! (when you read this) ...how are ya?

I've got '88 on video. It's high camera.

Nick youtube has a couple of 88 videos from the early Miami show that arent great veiws but sound is good . all is there except the closer from 88. I was actually surprised we were ok that early lol.

Just search Florida wave

Woot! Thanks, Jeff! There's even clips from rehearsal in 1989, before I left. Sweet!

And I JUST found a snippet of the 1987 show.... woo hoo! I had forgotten about the Miami Vice unis... :P

HAH HAH HAH.....oh, Larry! Good fist pump after the solo. And I had forgotten what a monster player Dean Dukes was.

Edited by The Tsar

.......And I had forgotten what a monster player Dean Dukes was.

First time I ever heard/saw Dean play was with Future Corps and he was a monster, but then again, all the baris were bad $@#!!!!