Best Snare Line on Field So Far

I think it just might be BD.

Wax

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did hear from a friend of Cassella's (sp?) that the their line was 3x better than last year.

I have noticed that BD was marching faster BPM and for longer stretches than ever before.

WAX

Edited by Wax

Cavaliers or Bluecoats

It will be a heck of a showdown tonight for drums. Cavaliers, SCV, and Bluecoats at the same local show.

Wow! Honestly, any one of those corps drumlines could win on any given night (although I must admit, SCV gets the nod in my book just because of the cymbal line).

Elmo Blatch

Yah SCV's plates are extremely intense this year and very well featured. The snare line still needs to hit their drums harder if they want to out do 2004.

So is PR not quite as dominate as last year then?

WAX

It will be a heck of a showdown tonight for drums. Cavaliers, SCV, and Bluecoats at the same local show.

Wow! Honestly, any one of those corps drumlines could win on any given night (although I must admit, SCV gets the nod in my book just because of the cymbal line).

Elmo Blatch

Edited by Wax

So is PR not quite as dominate as last year then?

WAX

From the limited knowledge I have, people are generally speculating that while the line is still as hot as last year, music isn't quite as tasty and doesn't really showcase their true skill.

I think I know what you mean. PR in 2005 was not feature very well early in the year but were later moved around in the drill to show them off when it counted.

WAX

From the limited knowledge I have, people are generally speculating that while the line is still as hot as last year, music isn't quite as tasty and doesn't really showcase their true skill.
Edited by Wax

I haven't seen everyone live (been at one show - Troopers,Scouts, Pioneer), and I have 12 apd's. Based on that, I think Crown is vastly improved, SCV is much better now than ealier in the winter when the 'Behind the Star' snareline video came out, Bluecoats are great - some very clean playing - I just wish they could be featured a little more. Cadets, I think, will be much better than last year's snareline. Blue Devils - they have lots of notes, I just don't know if I like how some of it fits (all the beefy parts in ballad). Cavaliers? Very impressed with writing/playing/tuning. But I'd have to go with PR right now - Their snare break has been changed since that video on the Pearl site came out. The flams and the left handed backsticking are gone <**> , but I believe they the best right now.

I agree with MJN, Phantom seems the best to me.

They have a pretty beefy book, and they are playing it remarkably clean for June.