What's up with the Spartans?

actually, it wouldn't be the first time all of division II had an off year. It was that way in 2003, don't care what anyone says, there was not a truly strong show in the entire division top to bottom. I feel like it normally happens when a few of the "powerhouse corps" in a division leave. In 2003, division II had just lost Magic, Capital Regiment, and Mandarins. Esperanza was a farily new corps(to us) at the time, but they were not dominant like the other 3 were. This year, Academy and ECJ are gone. We all know what Academy did, and well, ECJ came in 1st or 2nd the last three years. Now with that, it leave the corps who were ranked 3, 5, 6, 7, and 9 in division II respectively. add in the Raiders who have been in division III for a long time (and I believe haven't competed) and you've got the makings for some lower scores at the beginning of the season. However, as I said before, the scores will start to pick up once everyone starts competing against each other. so no worries.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think it is funny how everyone thinks they know who and what is happening with the corps that are in Div.II. All of the corps I am sure are working very hard to be where they are currently within the scores and rankings. It is still to early in the season to count anyone out. It is ridiculous to look at past seasons...this is a new season. Spartans will have a good season and I am sure they will have some competition and competition makes everyone better.

So when they are now taking time to teach the last 30% of their sow Spartans & Surf are cleaning their entire show.

Is that their plan?

Working hard, sure. Working as smart, nope.

Spartans are masters of being complete and readable out of the gate and then refining the nuances from there.

NoDut,

Relax... Dont have a stroke. Teal is working just as hard as everybody else. When they get done they will be fine. You are not on tour with them so you do not know what is going on with their production. Perhaps you should get back to being a fan and not criticize them for being "incomplete". :sleeping:

D

So when they are now taking time to teach the last 30% of their sow Spartans & Surf are cleaning their entire show.

Is that their plan?

Spartans are masters of being complete and readable out of the gate and then refining the nuances from there.

Did teal change the show drill maybe and are not comfortable yet?

Complete, yes.....readable? the last corps in division II I remember being readable out of the gate was Magic in 2002. Didn't see Academy last season, but I doubt they were as readable as Magic was. However, they will be readable in about a week or so after they get a few more shows under their belts.

If Teal isn't done with their show yet, it's ok. The one thing I learned more than anything at ECJ, is that a week is quite possibly the longest period of time ever! Anyone who doesn't understand, take a look at our finals week scores the last 3 years. So with that being said, anything can and will happen. Teal will finish their show, and they may just come out smoking after they do it. Every corps is going to be making changes which will cause a setback for some. It's anyone's game at this point, and we'll see how it plays out in August. I wouldn't count them out at this point in the season because honestly, for me, someone doubting me has always been the last straw. I did everything in my power to prove those who doubted me wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if Teal finished in the top 3.

No Dut,

You must be somewhat inexperienced. If Teal needs to teach "30%" of the show as you have reported, they are doing pretty well for an incomplete product. In fact, if you look at the music numbers they are neck and neck with the Spartans and Surf. Where they are suffering is in the visual captions. Perhaps when they get the entire product on the field (as you have reported) they will be able to hang with the D2 bigs. Please, dont get me wrong. I have the utmost respect for Spartans, Surf, and all of the other D2 corps but it is impossible to say where these corps will end up in August. Having seen the amount of work they put into their product (all corps) I would not be surprised to see any corps make a jump and end up in top three.

D

Is that their plan?

It is considerably easier to play when standing still the last 3 minutes of the show.

Period.

No Dut,

You must be somewhat inexperienced. If Teal needs to teach "30%" of the show as you have reported, they are doing pretty well for an incomplete product. In fact, if you look at the music numbers they are neck and neck with the Spartans and Surf. Where they are suffering is in the visual captions. Perhaps when they get the entire product on the field (as you have reported) they will be able to hang with the D2 bigs. Please, dont get me wrong. I have the utmost respect for Spartans, Surf, and all of the other D2 corps but it is impossible to say where these corps will end up in August. Having seen the amount of work they put into their product (all corps) I would not be surprised to see any corps make a jump and end up in top three.

D