1975 scores announcements-booing

I think Booing is/was at " Judges Scores " and " NOT " againest a Corps or members of Corps. I myself have been too many a show where it seemed to be more a matter of OPINION as to placement scores.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

You see because 27th was doing the Winter Olympics' in Lake Placid, NY. They (Olympic committee) sent the French Ice Skating judge to DCI for training. Not sure Who was training Who!

But really during that era of Drum and Bugle Corps (2 years before - 2years after that Contest) I am a biased 27th fan. But very much liked: Muchacho's - Cavies - Phantom - SCV.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMvJ5WU3qYQ

After reading about the crowd reaction when BD beat Crown and the fact that some folks were upset about the booing, I never noticed how many boos there were in this old piece. If you go to around the 8 minute mark of this 1975 score announcements and listen to the crowd reaction to the scores, there were quite a few boos, mosty when an east coast corps didn't place higher.

Thanks for the up close video; was up high in the stands 1975. I never ever booed ever, cheered every corps that night and hugged a few Madison Scouts while looking for my bus to go home. It was an awesome evening is all I can say 40 or so years ago.