Cedarburg, WI - July 3, 2007

Off topic for sure, but where were the REST of you when we went to Maxwell's after the show for some libations???? :huh2:

D. Mackinley.......you left us hanging ALONE with the locals. <**>

I was all primed to talk smack about the Cedarburg Thunderbolts/Port Washington Windjammers/West Bend Patriots 1978 rivalry. :worthy:

Ahh....the T-bolts and the Windjammers.....brings back memories!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny,

I don't think a lot of people realized that is their corps song.. I know I didn't.. and you should realize the woman who wrote that aged out in the mid 80s with probably relatively limited drum corps exposure since.. she probably isn't as moved by Southwind's (by the way can I say it was awesome) corps song simply by virtue of limited exposure to it.

I doubt it was an intended slight.

Afterall, Southwind's WAS the only guard who stayed in uniform and insisted on performing in the standstill. They were awesome.

I didn't expect many people to know it, it's still relatively new (2000 Season), but I think the more people see the Dub the more people will hear the song, and hopefully one day it will be just like SCV and ''Clowns'', Madison and ''YNWA'' (probably my all time favorite corps song), and BD and ''Chase the Clouds Away''. :)

Stef, you are correct on all counts. I'm lucky to see 1 or 2 shows a year anymore, didn't know it was Southwind's song, and hadn't even heard it before. So it didn't have much meaning to me like the others. Does that make me old?????? Please say no! :) Actually, I don't think I've even seen Southwind more than once or twice ever. I was glad to see their guard out there, though. They were very good!

Sorry Danny, no disrespect to Southwind intended. Just no connection.

It's cool, I mean you aged out when the corps was still in its beginning stages. :)

And since you aged out before I was born, yes that makes you old! :P (j/k)

And since you aged out before I was born, yes that makes you old! :P (j/k)

OK, even if it is true, did you have to say it???? :) j/k