Best Parking Lot Drum Line

Not trying to start a fight here but how can a line where the majority of their book is buzz rolls, accented taps and tacet be considered "on fire"? Granted they have some great players, however, these kids must feel cheated by the book they have to work with, what a waste of talent. While I am at it, next time you see Phantom notice how the percussion becomes almost completely in-audible when the brass overplays, I mean plays at loud volumes. Am I the only person that notices Phantom has issues with ensemble balance? Oh well, just my humble observations, fire away!

That's the beauty of having an opinion....

I used to question a drum book full of buzz rolls, but they were played flawlessly. ....and whatever was played was played cleanly.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested to hear some feedback regarding the four Troopers drum line clips that can be found on Youtube.

I won't post a link in fear that I'll get banned. lol

From the Stockton show, I'd pick SCV - they really have some great charts and excercises including great displays of tempo and dynamic control as an ensemble.

but I did enjoy BD's integration of some of their movement that they do with the snares when they are working the front pit concert toms.

Check it out.... if you haven't seen their show, you wonder what the hell they are doing with all that movement, but makes sense when you see it with the corps.

Haven't seen any of the other corps, I'll have to wait until they make the swing out west...