This looks like a nice place for DCA

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does look good. Not too big, not too small.

Fran

That one is nice.....

but this one is better.

Toyota Park

Seating Chart

Columbus Crew Stadium, Columbus, Ohio

Stadium Website Click on "View Slideshow" for several good photos.

Google Map

There's a DCI show here tonight. (July 5th) Anyone familiar with this stadium? Looks like good seating capacity and high views on concert side.

Same designers did Columbus and Rochester.

The assumption was that Rochester could get a major league soccer team - The Rochester team (Rhinos) outdrew half of MLS in a baseball stadium - then add the extra 10,000 or so seats. Columbus was the model for soccer's success in the US.

But since MLS is more concerned with a Beckham/LA strategy for growth, the prospects for adding a TV market like Rochester are getting dim.

I know some of you guys who are new to DCA didn't like Rochester as much as, say, DCI in Madison or San Antonio, but I hope those who have been around this circuit a while appreciate how Rochester rolls out the carpet for drum corps.

It'll be better this year. I mean how many times can we get the end stage of a hurricane? (once every 40 years).

By the way - get your tickets asap.

Same designers did Columbus and Rochester.

The assumption was that Rochester could get a major league soccer team - The Rochester team (Rhinos) outdrew half of MLS in a baseball stadium - then add the extra 10,000 or so seats. Columbus was the model for soccer's success in the US.

But since MLS is more concerned with a Beckham/LA strategy for growth, the prospects for adding a TV market like Rochester are getting dim.

I know some of you guys who are new to DCA didn't like Rochester as much as, say, DCI in Madison or San Antonio, but I hope those who have been around this circuit a while appreciate how Rochester rolls out the carpet for drum corps.

It'll be better this year. I mean how many times can we get the end stage of a hurricane? (once every 40 years).

By the way - get your tickets asap.

I'm not asking for something like Camp Randall Stadium or (shudder) the Alamdodome. Those types of venues are, for now, too big and too expensive for DCA. A venue with higher views, slightly larger seating capacity and most of all a little closer to the middle of the country would be great.

Toyota Park in Chicagoland would be fantastic but I'm afraid it will be too expensive for DCA to lease.

Edited by Mark Time

I'm not asking for something like Camp Randall Stadium or (shudder) the Alamdodome. Those types of venues are, for now, too big and too expensive for DCA. A venue with higher views, slightly larger seating capacity and most of all a little closer to the middle of the country would be great.

Toyota Park in Chicagoland would be fantastic but I'm afraid it will be too expensive for DCA to lease.

Of course there are better stadia.

The dilemma for DCA is matching a market with a strong senior drum corps fan base with an appropriate stadium.

Not to get on a soapbox (again) but every corps has a responsibility to build up a fan base. 15-20 years ago, Rochester wouldn't have been on the map to get this event, but a lot of people worked hard to rebuild the activity to a point where it has almost out-grown a 12,000 seat stadium.

Anybody remember when Pittsburgh and Rochester were considered the "Western" Division?

Senior corps in OH, IL, TN, or TX have an equal shot to build up a proven fan base.

Tom Allen

Rochester, NY

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

you have to be careful with Soccer stadiums since the field is wider than a standard Football field so depending on how the setup the field the stands could be pretty far from the field.

Of course there are better stadia.

The dilemma for DCA is matching a market with a strong senior drum corps fan base with an appropriate stadium.

Not to get on a soapbox (again) but every corps has a responsibility to build up a fan base. 15-20 years ago, Rochester wouldn't have been on the map to get this event, but a lot of people worked hard to rebuild the activity to a point where it has almost out-grown a 12,000 seat stadium.

Anybody remember when Pittsburgh and Rochester were considered the "Western" Division?

Senior corps in OH, IL, TN, or TX have an equal shot to build up a proven fan base.

Tom Allen

Rochester, NY

A senior corps in Illinois would be nice.