Winter Guard for Beginners

Recently, I took my nephew to his first drum corps competition. He loved it. He is now expressing interest in joining a color guard. He is 11 going on 12.

In Minneapolis, where can he start? Where can he learn? I would not want to throw him right into Drum Corps.

Try to find Synchrony (that's the last name I knew the group to be).

They are members of the North Star Circuit (Winter guard).

You can try emailing the circuit at information@northstarcircuit.org

Synchrony was still around last season, so you should be in luck!

Synchrony was still around last season, so you should be in luck!

I thought they were, but I wasn't completely positive. Thanks! :)

Find someone on the guard at Minnesota Brass, Inc. to tutor him & take him to camps at MBI. He can be their summer mascot & he can learn alot just by watching.

there was a girl in light brigade ...i think it was their 2nd year in world class-- who was 12. you'd never have known it by the way she spun. And then there was that 10 year old boy who was also in light brigade and stole the show... i forget what year that was.

there was a girl in light brigade ...i think it was their 2nd year in world class-- who was 12. you'd never have known it by the way she spun. And then there was that 10 year old boy who was also in light brigade and stole the show... i forget what year that was.

I know what you're talking about. It was the "I Dream in Color" show. Think that was 2003 and they were still in open class then. It's the one where the boy comes out at the end and chucks a five (I think) on gun. Loved that show.