Sound quality in domes

Depends on where you sit. Down low is great, up high is horrible. In the middle on the 50 is also good.

Agreed 100%...in general, I hate watching shows in Domes but something is better than nothing in my case. Fortunately, the new stadium in Indy will be retractable roof.

I've only seen one show in the Alamodome but the echo didn't bother me at all - considering all the benefits of being inside in July in Texas. Air conditioning is a good thing.

So DCI could be asking tens of thousands of fans to pay large amounts of money to hear crappy sounding corps at championships for ten years then?

I guess it is somewhat of a gamble having no idea what the acustics of Lucas . . . Dome? Stadium? Field? will be. Sure it is retractable, but so was Montreal, and that . . . was horrible. Lucas will have a much bigger hole than Olympic did. I assume it will be better, much better. It's still somewhat of a gamble though, and what happens if there is really bad weather?

If there is really bad weather??? What would they do if the show was outdoors? Hmmmmm?