Just heard the Blue Devils show for the first time

just wait till you see them live!

i saw a few more videos of cadets tonight, not sure when they were from.. great hornline as always. i just wish they would be featured more.. and not covered up by crap. :sshh:

No! Bad cire! This BD thread not Cadets. And no, you can't has cheezbrgr.

The Godfather isn't known for its extensive music, after all.

Are you kidding? The Godfather has a great soundtrack, let alone what was in the other movies.

There is SO much more cool music that could have been used in the BD show, but I have to figure that much of it wasn't used simply because people who arent die hard Godfather fans wouldnt have recognized it.

It would defeat the idea to do a theme show based on a recognizeable pop-culture image and then use esoteric/obscure source material. Talk about alienating your audience. I wish they HAD used some more obscure material though...some great music....The Baptism, for example.

So what do you have to do then? Make an 11 minute show out of the two songs, The Godfather Waltz, and The Love Theme. Those are the two songs that everyone will instantly recognize as "The Godfather." It keeps the audience in a place where they never forget what the show is about....but at the same time, you hear a 'variations on a theme' show. A tough place to be, if you ask me. Id say BD did alright, considering.

Edited by The Line

Are you kidding?

For once, no!

The Godfather has a great soundtrack, let alone what was in the other movies.

That it does, but I said "known for extensive music."

There is SO much more cool music that could have been used in the BD show, but I have to figure that much of it wasn't used simply because people who arent die hard Godfather fans wouldnt have recognized it.

It would defeat the idea to do a theme show based on a recognizeable pop-culture image and then use esoteric/obscure source material. Talk about alienating your audience. I wish they HAD used some more obscure material though...some great music....The Baptism, for example.

So what do you have to do then? Make an 11 minute show out of the two songs, The Godfather Waltz, and The Love Theme. Those are the two songs that everyone will instantly recognize as "The Godfather." It keeps the audience in a place where they never forget what the show is about....but at the same time, you hear a 'variations on a theme' show. A tough place to be, if you ask me. Id say BD did alright, considering.

Everything you said sums up my gripe with the show. They milked those two songs bone-dry, while overlooking the lesser-known music which could've fleshed out an otherwise repetitive show and pleased a lot of Godfather aficionados such as myself. (Personally, I wanted to hear some of the wedding music.) It was executed well, but they didn't cover enough ground to make it an amazing show. If it had to do with securing rights, this idea shouldn't have made it out of committee, in all honesty.

There was loads of thematic material from the movie in the show, I'm just willing to be a lot of people didn't recognize it. Get out your soundtracks and have a listen.

Edited by MagicBobert

just wait till you see them live!

i saw a few more videos of cadets tonight, not sure when they were from.. great hornline as always. i just wish they would be featured more.. and not covered up by crap. :sshh:

How immature. . .he said something about my corps so now I am going to dig on his. . .waaaaaa! Grow up.