Nice job Hanover!

Nice job with your performance Hanover at the York Revolution baseball game on Saturday. Many compliments throughout the stands (and after those "twirlers" too! :blink: ). Had to explain to more than one what a drum corps was, but all were pleased with what they heard. Congrats!!!

Since I'm the Lancer who does the most posting here I'll say thank you David on behalf of the corps. After doing a mess of parades, playing before the game both inside and outside was the fun gig. <$1 to our horn instructor> Had no idea what to expect but the crowd seemed to appreciate what we did and the response after the National Anthem was more than I could have imagined. :) Hopefully this will also help us in recruiting getting new people. I heard the "looking for members" as we came around the field. :) Too bad I left right after we played and missed any crowd responses. Except for the two ball players who talked to us as we were leaving the field.

And good luck with Renaissance, would be a hoot having both groups at a Revolution game in the future.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Since I'm the Lancer who does the most posting here I'll say thank you David on behalf of the corps. After doing a mess of parades, playing before the game both inside and outside was the fun gig. <$1 to our horn instructor> Had no idea what to expect but the crowd seemed to appreciate what we did and the response after the National Anthem was more than I could have imagined. :) Hopefully this will also help us in recruiting getting new people. I heard the "looking for members" as we came around the field. :) Too bad I left right after we played and missed any crowd responses. Except for the two ball players who talked to us as we were leaving the field.

And good luck with Renaissance, would be a hoot having both groups at a Revolution game in the future.

I agree...it would be! We are looking at parade corps status next year with an eye on competing in 2009 or 2010 depending on numbers. As with everything, we need the bodies and the $$$! If you know of spare EITHER, let me know! B)

Was not at the game, but it's always good to see the hometown corps doing a good job

Way to go, Lancers!

Sorry for "borrowing the Gourley's and Wes Hare. We in Anaheim like all three of them with us. Wes is getting married in the next two weeks, Enjoy it Wes, before you go west on a honeymoon with the Kingsmen. See you at Semi's.

LOL, Yeah would have been a long flight to Hanover International Airport (yeah right :P ) to make the baseball gig. Glad the Lancers allow the members to play with other corps if they want and glad you're all having a good time together. Will get the news (and pics) about the AK camp when those three get back. :)

And thanks Hammer... :)