Scores

You guys are frickin' hilarious!

1. Your opinions only matter to you (Experts you ain't).

2. What the judges score is what it is (accept it or reject it as you will, see #1).

3. Every corps strives for its best and deserves to be respected for that (Go drum corps!).

4. The DCA Championships is going to be a great show this year (Get your tickets now).

Hopefully, you include yourself in the "Experts you ain't" category. If so, it's good to see you're "frickin' hilarious", also. The world needs more funny people.

In anycase, One's opinion may very well matter to another person. It's what has kept guys like Rush Limbaugh on the air.

(No Comment)

As for #3. I agree whole heartedly.

I don't do Championship weekend. To me, seems no point to it. To me, I said.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you say, DCA 1981?

I am a Buccaneer alum, I was at the show in '81, I wasnt heartbroken for Reading

I would be glad to see other Buccaneers stop perpetuating the ugly attitude of entitlement.

'78 was the most spirited performance Ive ever seen by the Bucs

'79 following made sense

'80 was great

'81 same formula, it got old, soppy ballad, but as other Buccaneers have agreed with me, it became pompous.

so yeah, I can say DCA '81,

as long as the Buccaneers keep their heads out of the clouds and realize other corps arent lesser beings than themselves and they can get beat

for the record, in '85 I thought we should have won drums cold but Cabs did

I never root for the Cabs over the Bucs

but I never want to see the Bucs get that arrogant "we are teh Gods" attitude that makes me root against corps

1981 rumors that DCA wont let it happen??? taken seriously? isnt this the sort of unfounded, inspecific, nameless rhetoric that weak minds succumb to?

but now to consider that to actually be true! that there is/was some conspiracy or decree controlling judges with minds of their own? honestly?

all because the Bucs werent given first prize.

amazing hornline 79, 80, 81... the mindset spread like cancer of being conceited, haughty, pretentious, superior, I witnessed it in '81 & '82

it was not admirable. its too bad the hornline cant be given a title trophy just for simply having the most talent, (if that indeed was the case)

it is the biggest section of the corps, but the trophy goes to the corps with the best complete package overall

Bucs should be proud they got 2 and were great in 79 & 80, but instead all I ever hear is complaints about 81, as if thats more important

anyway,... the past is the past and people shouldn't dwell on it. s@#$ happens, and complaining about whether or not this or that corps should have won this or that year, won't changeit. lets enjoy what is going on in current drum corps. hey, i was at clifton, and thought the same as most about the scores, but nothing i say, or complain about is going to change it. so, on that note, good luck to all the corps the rest of the season.

fusion and sun, good job on your first shows, and glad to hear that sun has more horns on the sideline.(you need them with that drumline)

Edited by jacksop5

I am a Buccaneer alum, I was at the show in '81, I wasnt heartbroken for Reading

I would be glad to see other Buccaneers stop perpetuating the ugly attitude of entitlement.

'78 was the most spirited performance Ive ever seen by the Bucs

'79 following made sense

'80 was great

'81 same formula, it got old, soppy ballad, but as other Buccaneers have agreed with me, it became pompous.

so yeah, I can say DCA '81,

as long as the Buccaneers keep their heads out of the clouds and realize other corps arent lesser beings than themselves and they can get beat

for the record, in '85 I thought we should have won drums cold but Cabs did

I never root for the Cabs over the Bucs

but I never want to see the Bucs get that arrogant "we are teh Gods" attitude that makes me root against corps

1981 rumors that DCA wont let it happen??? taken seriously? isnt this the sort of unfounded, inspecific, nameless rhetoric that weak minds succumb to?

but now to consider that to actually be true! that there is/was some conspiracy or decree controlling judges with minds of their own? honestly?

all because the Bucs werent given first prize.

amazing hornline 79, 80, 81... the mindset spread like cancer of being conceited, haughty, pretentious, superior, I witnessed it in '81 & '82

it was not admirable. its too bad the hornline cant be given a title trophy just for simply having the most talent, (if that indeed was the case)

it is the biggest section of the corps, but the trophy goes to the corps with the best complete package overall

Bucs should be proud they got 2 and were great in 79 & 80, but instead all I ever hear is complaints about 81, as if thats more important

tripe

Let's move on.

thanks everyone for the history lesson both here and in PM's. :)

back to our usual cheering & griping. :P

cheers to the guys who keep DCA corps going despite hardships

big, big cheers

if you divide the cost by the number of performances each year

thats a huge expenditure, its like 8 shows or 95 minutes of performing

thats and hour and a half for all the work and all the cost

but if Sunrisers or Skyliners or Brigadiers, whoever just ceased

it would just depress me beyond remorse

I dont care who wins as much anymore

I just care if strong corps are on the field

surviving is winning

not quitting is winning

perpetuating tradition is victory

ick I sound soo over the top

yikerz

1981 was 26 years ago.

I can assure you that the administration and staff of the Reading Buccaneers, and its members, are not talking about 1981, either behind the scenes or here on DCP. Instead, we're focused on having the corps being the best it can possibly be -- this year. Our goal is to set a new standard of excellence for ourselves, which will be a fitting tribute to 50 years of men and women in Blue who built the rich tradition of our organization. There's no sense of entitlement and attitudes to that effect have died quickly. There's only an unrelenting desire for excellence in every caption and the passion to work for it. How that shapes up competitively is someone else's call.

Our goal for this weekend in Lewisburg is to beat the snot out of the Buccaneers that performed in Clifton last weekend. And we'll try to one-up the Lewisburg Buccaneers on the 28th in Chambersburg, all the way to Rochester, which we hope will be our best two shows of the summer.

Edited by TomMoore

There's no sense of entitlement and attitudes to that effect have died quickly. There's only an unrelenting desire for excellence

thanks, very nice to read

Hopefully, you include yourself in the "Experts you ain't" category. If so, it's good to see you're "frickin' hilarious", also. The world needs more funny people.

In anycase, One's opinion may very well matter to another person. It's what has kept guys like Rush Limbaugh on the air.

(No Comment)

As for #3. I agree whole heartedly.

I don't do Championship weekend. To me, seems no point to it. To me, I said.

Marty, I guess I understand where you are coming from with regard to the lack of suspense over final placements and perhaps even more over the eventual champion by that point in the season. The same is largely the case for DCI championships. Yet, I still try to attend DCI championships each year.

I think DCA championship weekend offers things that you can't find elsewhere during the season. I&E performances for one, but also a heightened energy level on the part of all corps. I don't feel the energy is really focused on advancing the final placement, although that would be nice, but rather to take advantage of what will be the final opportunities to perform for that year and possibly ever. For that reason, I think Semi Finals or Finals create the opportunity for great drum corps shows with the widest variety of performing units despite the fact that final placements may not change much. For those of us outside the Northeast, it is also the only opportunity we'll have to see some of the corps from that region and vice versa. Perhaps you get enough of that in the regional shows of the Northeast since there is more head to head competition between the top groups.