Knock Offs

there is no doubt academy will make finals, but i think pc needs to step it up a little more to make the top 12.

I guess ignorance is bliss.

Not calling you ignorant. But saying that "there is no doubt" corps "A" will beat one of the current top 12 (as of yesterday's prelims) when they haven't even beat any of them head-to-head yet is a pretty ignorant statement.

In my mind, there's a boat full of doubt.

No matter what happens, we know both groups will be beating other Div I corps that have been touring for years. It's exciting.

I agree and think it's " exciting " too. Perhaps a few more Corps ( especially those who might lose a spot in Finals ) will reconsider whether it's essential to get judges feeback in 30-35 shows, when it can just as easily, and less espensively get judges feedback in half that number of shows. Maybe Corps will adopt The Academy model, stay home, use the time to practice more over the touring Corps, and be rested for Championship week. This way, Corps will become more regional, and folks will see them more in their home based regions. And less Corps will financially go bankrupt traveling 5,000 from coast to coast in 7 weeks competing. And we fans will have more Drum Corps to watch compete. I'm pulling for either one of these Corps to make Finals. And you're right, it is exciting to see what happens.

Edited by X DM

ok so heres my opinion on the "Pacific Crest/ Academy" thing... I think Academy has potential to make top twelve Pacific Crest semis.. BUt I dont think right at this moment Pacific Crest is going to be a challenge for Colts.. Colts have pulled away from that group a bit. I do think that Academy could make things interesting and at this point I wont count them out of the top twelve.