Frontier Drumline

I'll echo Chris and Dan's sentiments. It's not ideal, but the group we do have is strong, resilient and people you want to do battle with. I'll take that sort of crowd every day. We'll keep plugging and make it better than it was last week and so on through the season.

Drum Corps tends to test your will - and more often than not, we find we have more will than we believed.

Thanks for the update.

Being an ex-band director, and a drummer, I know how flakey drummers can be.

Strange, we have had more of a problem finding non-flakey brass. But, speaking as a 45 year flake, I feel your pain.

Best of luck with the battery. You have a great little corps and it seems like management is handling this correctly. All the best.

I, too, did not want to say anything to defend out sister corps until Chris had put the official word out there...

Frontier you have an amazing corps, an amazing product, and amazing people....

hang in there; thank you for all you have done and given to US; probably to your own detriment; we stand with you;

gary

Strange things do happen in the Summer. I've been out of action until recently due to Kansas disasters the Guard has called me up for.

Speaking of dealing with flaky members, we lost 4 that put us out of a major parade in our metro in March, the week before the parade was to take place. I feel your pain.

Good luck Frontier.

I, too, did not want to say anything to defend out sister corps until Chris had put the official word out there...

Frontier you have an amazing corps, an amazing product, and amazing people....

hang in there; thank you for all you have done and given to US; probably to your own detriment; we stand with you;

gary

Detriment?

Not from where I'm sitting. It has been my honor to play with you guys. I only wish I could have done it more often.

Man. That is some serious adversity. Kudos to those who are hanging around and stepping up to help out.

That is a tough situation at any stage of the season.

I'm sure you guys will pull through and work very hard to put the best product on the field.

Best of luck.

Nice show last night. I figured something had gone down when I noticed the battery was grounded in the pit. My only complaint about last night was Frontier was not even announced at retreat. Come on... they could have at least said "In exhibtion, Dallas's own.... yada, yada.." But they just skipped you guys completely. I kinda got ###### off about that... :wink:

BTW we got there really late as you guys were coming on the field or I would have come over and watched ya'll and Revo warm up.

Mike :P

Yeah, there was some miscommunication there, still have no idea what happened. But we did get judged, tapes/sheets, and the score listed on DCI.org is wrong. Tabulation error (DCA sheets used at DCI shows count the Field percussion score twice - once for field and once for ensemble) Last night, the Ens Perc score was left blank on the recaps which dropped the overall score about 6 points (kind of funny that if you got a zero, the only impact is a handful of points, lol). Hopefully that will be corrected soon.

Things are going great. We had JJ as a judge at both Mesquite and Denton and he gave us a lot of credit for the improvement between the shows.

So here's what we have right now (and we've had several people step up to join the corps, and for that I thank you)

grounded battery will remain the same, we have 2 mallet/aux folks, adding in two totally auxiliary folks on Saturday, adding a trap set drummer, and there are 3 more people interested in coming in... so we'll see how it all shakes down.

Yeah, there was some miscommunication there, still have no idea what happened. But we did get judged, tapes/sheets, and the score listed on DCI.org is wrong. Tabulation error (DCA sheets used at DCI shows count the Field percussion score twice - once for field and once for ensemble) Last night, the Ens Perc score was left blank on the recaps which dropped the overall score about 6 points (kind of funny that if you got a zero, the only impact is a handful of points, lol). Hopefully that will be corrected soon.

Things are going great. We had JJ as a judge at both Mesquite and Denton and he gave us a lot of credit for the improvement between the shows.

So here's what we have right now (and we've had several people step up to join the corps, and for that I thank you)

grounded battery will remain the same, we have 2 mallet/aux folks, adding in two totally auxiliary folks on Saturday, adding a trap set drummer, and there are 3 more people interested in coming in... so we'll see how it all shakes down.

Much improved over Thursday. It seems that things are moving back upward after the set backs. I am glad to see that.

Good luck in the rest of the season.

As for me, I am already having withdrawls for not being able to see any more shows live this summer. But, unlike last year, I saw two shows and I do not have to take a bar exam this week. Who-hoo.

Special kudos to Kevin for REALLY stepping up.

He sight-read the music... Without benefit of the music... For Sunday's show.

If ever there was a time to NOT listen to the drum line, Sunday was it. Though, I can't really think of anything that he did that was not much different. But, then the entire performance was a blur.

Edited by Aggie Dan