Any BINGHAMPTON reviewers?

Oh, I think ESM1 took it to heart when someone (SHIMES) mentioned that Joey Pero should be in the drill. He only mentioned Joey, not the rest of the soloists. ESM1 got a little bent out of shape on that one. Actually, the people are getting tired of seeing him ONLY in the pit area for the past few years. Can't he march? Maybe he has a problem we all don't know about.?

Still, love the corps though.....I would just love to see a big ending to the show to make the people go crazy. It just ends to abruptly. Please change it before DCA.

really you think it ends abruptly? hmmm... i like the ending better than the old one thats for sure!! :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I think ESM1 took it to heart when someone (SHIMES) mentioned that Joey Pero should be in the drill. He only mentioned Joey, not the rest of the soloists. ESM1 got a little bent out of shape on that one. Actually, the people are getting tired of seeing him ONLY in the pit area for the past few years. Can't he march? Maybe he has a problem we all don't know about.?

Still, love the corps though.....I would just love to see a big ending to the show to make the people go crazy. It just ends to abruptly. Please change it before DCA.

Speak for yourself dude

Regina, I certainly meant no disrespect. Joey is one awesome player. I know Jeff marched and I know the other's marched.

My wife has been to many of the Sounds on the Susquehanna shows. Every year she askes me why Joey doesn't march. (The reason she knows his name is because David announced it at a show here the year you all won here.(the JOey's late again gag)) I told her it's part of the Statesmen Style. She said but what about all those others who work their butt off to learn drill and he doesn't... don't they get jealous? I said... no It's part of the deal.

She just asked me if I write something please say to have Joey march. That's all. I like Joe and thinks he's certainly a huge asset to the corps.

I wish you luck at DCA. And if you see Joey .. tell him the announcer in Binghamton says, "Nice job".

Regina, I certainly meant no disrespect. Joey is one awesome player. I know Jeff marched and I know the other's marched.

My wife has been to many of the Sounds on the Susquehanna shows. Every year she askes me why Joey doesn't march. (The reason she knows his name is because David announced it at a show here the year you all won here.(the JOey's late again gag)) I told her it's part of the Statesmen Style. She said but what about all those others who work their butt off to learn drill and he doesn't... don't they get jealous? I said... no It's part of the deal.

She just asked me if I write something please say to have Joey march. That's all. I like Joe and thinks he's certainly a huge asset to the corps.

I wish you luck at DCA. And if you see Joey .. tell him the announcer in Binghamton says, "Nice job".

Although I have responded to these discussions only a few times, I figured I would throw my view of the whole sitaution just for the heck of it!

I happen to be one of the sopranos that is not on the prop, doesn't play any of the solos and marches the entire show.....why? Because THAT is the Statesmen style!!! The third soprano part is just as important as the lead part and we ALL respect the fact that we play a part in this special drum corps. Just as I respect Jeff and Joey and Ritchee, I respect ANYONE that steps foot on that field and gives it their all - SERIOUSLY folks....I am too old to be doing this for any other reason except to entertain the crowd! Having seen Maynard Ferguson live before I especially appreciate and respect the fact that any of his trumpet players were standalone stars in their own right, but they had they distinction of being among one of the best. It is the same with the Statesmen - I feel very fortunate to be a part of the whole experience called the Statesmen and when Jeff or Joey have spoken to the soprano line with their words of wisdom, I try to learn as much as I can from them! My only problem is I have a tough time focusing while playing because I get distracted by their playing!! I want to just stop and listen because it is just insanely crazy!!

So...in answer to your wife - no, I don't get jealous - ever! I am just proud to be a part of the Statesmen experience and family!!!

Carrie Abate'

I am certainly gonna let her know.

Again all the best to all of our performers.

I hope to see you all on the Sunday of the show as I get to put on the Yellow coat.