Teal Sound 2007....

... couldn't that have been taken up in a PM or an email?

I'm pretty sure if your intentions were not to call him out, you would have not posted the pretty unrelated question in this thread, but instead used one of the above features.

~>conner

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second Trombone with the London Symphony....hmmm....are you sure about that???? For an entire season? Not trying to call you out, but if you're 26 now (according to your myspace), then you were 20 at the time...generally a 20 year old winning a job like that is pretty big news....what made you quit the gig to go back to FSU? I mean, that's the gig of a lifetime. Just wanted to know if you're willing to stand behind that before I verify with one of my old teachers in the horn section....

It wasn't for an entire season.....I was there for the summer of 2001, it was actually a 2 week gig, when the group came to the Florida International Festival in Daytona Beach, FL. They do this concert season every other summer. If you'd like a program or something of that nature, please feel free to e-mail me at nsbnole@yahoo.com

Thank you for your concern.

And to finish out your inquiry....

I went to FSU (I was at Daytona Beach Community College at the time) because I wasn't ready for that life style. 20 years old...getting a real job like that....and moving to another counrty....wasn't my bag of tea. I had my mind set on getting a degree in music ed, instead I got a degree in performance...Trombone and Voice.

I think that sums it up.

Cool...thanks for the clarification. I definitely wasn't trying to be a jerk, but there's a huge difference between playing with the London Symphony and being in the London Symphony. I've got a number of friends who were hired to do that same tour on different years as college students. I'm sure it was a great experience that should definitely be listed on your performance resume, but your signature implied that you were a member of the London Symphony for their 2001 season. As a professional musician, I'm always a little leery of people who "pad" their backgrounds with slightly misleading information. Again, no worries...thanks for clearing that up!

Cool...thanks for the clarification. I definitely wasn't trying to be a jerk, but there's a huge difference between playing with the London Symphony and being in the London Symphony. I've got a number of friends who were hired to do that same tour on different years as college students. I'm sure it was a great experience that should definitely be listed on your performance resume, but your signature implied that you were a member of the London Symphony for their 2001 season. As a professional musician, I'm always a little leery of people who "pad" their backgrounds with slightly misleading information. Again, no worries...thanks for clearing that up!

Hey maaaaaaan.Thats my friend ur callin out.And u dont even know him!u cant even compare 2 him!HES A FREAKIN GENIUS!!!!so shut up.Thanks.(ur welcome S T E I N E R)

(its Mac)

So anyway.....

I think Teal has the opportunity to build on what was started this year. With people coming back, a strong staff and a good program I would definitely say they have a shot to improve on this year's standing. I think that given a year to mature those kids will be very good. My biggest concern this year was weather the group had enough to go the distance (long tour) and improve on a difficult (but good) program. I guess they answered that question in short order and as Ron would say "Go Turquoise Noise".

D

So anyway.....

I think Teal has the opportunity to build on what was started this year. With people coming back, a strong staff and a good program I would definitely say they have a shot to improve on this year's standing. I think that given a year to mature those kids will be very good. My biggest concern this year was weather the group had enough to go the distance (long tour) and improve on a difficult (but good) program. I guess they answered that question in short order and as Ron would say "Go Turquoise Noise".

D

AMEN...Brother!!

AMEN...Brother!!

I'm really happy to see Florida fielding a corps again. There's such great talent across the state (Florida Panhandle is my home turf). There are some great high school bands between Panama City and Pensacola not to mention FSU and UF. When I was marching Southwind, there were a lot of guys traveling all over to get some drum corps action. Back then SW was in Montgomery, so it was only 2-3 hour drive. Also, it would be nice to have a show or two in the state to spread the corps gospel :P .

In 1991, we did a Florida tour through Melbourne and Daytona with about three different shows. Great crowds too.