Bluecoats Hornline Member colided with Judge?

I talked to my son earlier, who is BC member, and yes the drum judge got in they way and the bari player fell and dropped another player 2....bari player was quite shook up....with the exception that he has a sore leg and busted lip...he is okay and ready to continue finals.......!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for everyone concern.

Glad to hear everyone is okay. . .I'm sure he was shook up, but he perservered like a champ!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it's been said, but Blue Knights, during their closer, they come to an upside down triangle, and the tip of it being right on the 50, front and center. The horn player tha was RUNNING to that spot, hit the spot, then hit the deck...it's never something u want to see happen. But like any good lil trooper, they got right back up, and fell into position.

I saw that too.

Sounded a bit like you had a chip on your shoulder, as if you were saying that the judges opinion is the only one that matters and how dare I disagree with him or you. Actually, I thought that Crown, Cadets, Blue Devils and Regiment were all better than the 'Coats in brass, in that order. Oh well. Just goes to show you never can tell.

Interesting that you mention those 4 corps because they all seemingly subscribe to louder is better....and although this isn't 100% accurate, the judging community is reallllly getting away from that and focusing on quality of sound as well as balance and blend. As I was listening in the theatres last night, there were moments in all 4 of those performances where I heard the brass sound distort. Bluecoats, smooth as silk (and consistently so, its been like that all season). They won.

DW

Can someone help me out here? I was watching the broadcast in the cinema. I believe I saw what appeared to be a Blooo member marching backwards and collided with a judge and fell....the next person also may have fallen. I couldn't really tell, b/c the webcast changed frames almost as it was happening. Though about 20 seconds later, they showed a horn player who appeared to be putting all their weight on one foot and had the other foot just slight raised above the ground. Does anyone know what happened and if those involved are alright?

Sidenote....I saw this coming and I was a little upset with the judge, he looked back and saw then marching backwards, but really didn't move...maybe he wasn't familiar with the drill or what not but I just hope everyone is okay!

PS...I know it's "collided" but it's late and I don't know how to change it!

Probably the same Ahole field judge that was in Atlanta. I real idiot.

Probably the same Ahole field judge that was in Atlanta. I real idiot.

Ok so there are some great points here BUT this is the big one. Those kids never would have fallen if there was not a pair of sticks on the field!!!!! Someone earlier mentioned one kid stepping on a stick which is true at which point he then fell and took out another kid and hit the judge. It was a bit tight between the judge and the horns behind him but there was enough room if the kid had not lost his footing on the sticks. I was watching this judge all night and he probably saved many kids from hitting the turf. My count was 6 sticks, a shoe and a SCOOP from under a snare drum that he picked up! These kids have to hold onto their equipment!!!! In fact you could see the judge heading to get the pair of sticks off of the field before someone got hurt but the drill made it impossible. Someone else mentioned the fact that the drill at the time was not all that crazy....but stepping on a stick at any tempo is dangerous. I am the first one to pile on when a judge screws up but that did not happen here. There must have been a full moon.....that Blue Knights collision was scary and did anyone see the Blue Devils bass drummer that went down?????? Oh and this guy did not judge on the field in Atlanta....what happened there??

Hardcore drummer!!