BD Doesn't March Enough

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about marching? that is secondary! The music comes first and foremost!

I come to hear some great music not to watch a buch of dorks prance around the field.

Go to a broadway musical if you want that crap! This is drum corps not Cats!

and STFU with your stupid microphone!

Excellent Quote:

Next time you go to a Drum Corps Show, bring your blind fold.

What a dumb statement!

*Sarcasm Off*

Let it go people!!!!!!!

I, for one, am tired of hearing people gripe because they think BD doesn't have a demanding program.

They were moving all over the place, with great technique, and inovative design to boot.

They actually created visual effect WITHOUT having to rely on positive space forms!!!!! (i.e. block formations)

Some other groups were rehashing both musical and visual effects we've ALL seen MANY times over.

There were plenty of groups that parked and barked a TON. Or others that relied on a drum feature ever 30 seconds so the brass wouldn't have to play.

My girlfriend (who had NEVER been to a drum corps show before) mentioned during another corps performance:

"Why do they even have brass instruments out there if they set them on the ground half the time?!"

Every corps will have their own group of fans and foes. Just because it's not YOUR cup of tea does NOT mean it's easy or boring. The judges on each panel most likely have more expirience in terms of top notch show design and performance than everyone here PUT together.

The Blue Devils are the "King" of Park and Blow.