Lucas Field - 2008+ Finals Venue

As a stadium geek it looks pretty sweet....but in my opinion its got nothing on the new cowboys stadium, I hope DCI is considering this as a strong candidate for the 2014 championships:

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/

ps It did beat out Lucas Oil Stadium bid for Super Bowl XLV (2012)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that went to finals this year and/or have been to the RCA dome for the regional in the past, check out some of the stats for seating, aisle depth, restrooms and concession areas. :)

Lucas Oil Stadium FAQ's

Be sure to check out the live web cam of the stadium. 1 year to go and from what I have heard, everything is on schedule still.

I'm a rookie drum corps parent who wasn't able to make the trip to Pasadena. Indy is MUCH closer to home, so I'm planning to go next year. Am I safe in assuming that championships will be the week of August 3-9 next year? I want to get my vacation request in now.

For as much as the RB was hyped in Madison, there was an Indy booth at the DCI Marketplace, though not many details on dates. I take it public ticket sales will open soon after the corps/Friends of DCI ordering.

The stadium is coming along nicely. One of the Star Alums shot this on Indy show weekend.

469253701208_0_BG.jpg

As a stadium geek it looks pretty sweet....but in my opinion its got nothing on the new cowboys stadium, I hope DCI is considering this as a strong candidate for the 2014 championships:

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/

ps It did beat out Lucas Oil Stadium bid for Super Bowl XLV (2012)

A stadium such as this is only a candidate for DCI (this pretty much goes for all stadiums) if it wants to be. Unless there is a motivated CVB and willing stadium ownership, DCI will never go there. Edited by VKMello84

I was impressed with the progress of the stadium when I was in Indy....and look forward to seeing it finished!! :lookaround:

For as much as the RB was hyped in Madison, there was an Indy booth at the DCI Marketplace, though not many details on dates. I take it public ticket sales will open soon after the corps/Friends of DCI ordering.

Thanks. Guess I'll just wait to hear something official. I'd hate to ask for the wrong week off.

Thanks. Guess I'll just wait to hear something official. I'd hate to ask for the wrong week off.

Sort of official I guess....... :lookaround:

From indy.org

No offense to those who live there, but Arlington is a less than ideal location, as compared to Indianapolis, Denver and Madison (stadiums in/near heart of downtown) or the Rose Bowl (long walk/short drive to Old Town Pasadena, 10 minute drive to Downtown Los Angeles).

And yes, I know that an entertainment district is planned for the area around the New Cowboys Stadium. But we're still talking about a suburban area.

SUGGESTION for DCI. Make an annoucement early only during the first 3 corps of the night to address Drum Corps ediquite. Folks were talking, and moving around during shows, just plain distracting. If the annoucer had made some type of annoucement things might have been better.

I have a suggestion. Give the Rose Bowl SS-like security people loaded pistols and they can just start shooting miscreants who talk. I know from dealing with them they'd dig it. :lookaround: