2007 Souvie People

I want to thank all of the souvie people we had the pleasure of working with this year. I worked the booth for The Cavaliers all summer and met some remarkable people.

From Phantom to Bluecoats, Blue Stars, Devils, Boston and all the rest, thak you all for making this season so enjoyable under some of the most trying times.

And to all of you out there with free time on your hands, and that think the sovie people have an easy time, come out this summer and help out your favorite corps (Or your least favorite corps) and see how much work it is and what a wonderful job these people do in supporting their organizations.

Indeed.

On a side note, how might one get ahold of the Souvie Program from this year if one did not attend a regional?

I posted something on this much earlier in the season, but I want to echo Cavies69. It was hard work and a LOT of fun selling souvies for the Madison Scouts and meeting so many fans. A special thank you to the souvie staffs of Southwind and Spirit for helping this inexperienced driver guide our trailer to the right spot. I'd still be trying to get that thing in place in Stillwater if it weren't for you!

Also, I want to point out that my short stint as a volunteer earned the Scouts a laptop computer valued at $1,800+ through my employer. Very easy requirements - verify the 501©(3)status of the organization and average 8 hours of volunteer time over the previous year. Those hours rack up pretty fast on the road - you're on call 24x7. For any of you on the fence, maybe that's one more reason to volunteer.

Edited by Jim Anello

I helped out with Bluecoats souvies the last two weeks of tour. It was much more work

than I anticipated, but it was also more fun than I thought it would be! It made it worth the

work.

It was really nice to see the camaraderie of all of the souvie crews helping each

other out all during tour. I enjoyed meeting some of you and wish I had had time

to meet more of you. Maybe next season! :)

I helped out with Bluecoats souvies the last two weeks of tour. It was much more work

than I anticipated, but it was also more fun than I thought it would be! It made it worth the

work.

It was really nice to see the camaraderie of all of the souvie crews helping each

other out all during tour. I enjoyed meeting some of you and wish I had had time

to meet more of you. Maybe next season! :)

It is another great aspect of the activity that few get to experience. My time with the souvenier booth was limited and long ago, but it was still very cool. I remember being really bumbed when Glassmen missed their first finals by one tenth in 1992, only because their souvie guy was so cool, and had been so helpful to our people. I also had a great night out in Jackson with a couple from Bluecoats operation in 1993. I only wish I remembered any of their names now . . .

I spent about three weeks out on the road selling souvies with Madison. I to would like to thank all the other souvie crews out there for all their help ! Truly a very rewarding summer. Can't wait till next year !

Bill Leslie

I had a bad souvie experience….

See, I was told by a bunch of freaks here not to boo corps but to talk to their staff instead, I even mocked people for suggesting this but I saw some staff by a souvie stand and thought I’d give it a shot

Stick to booing folks, staff don’t want to hear and no matter how polite you present it, they are rude little mofo’s - now I really wished I booed them

I did not buy anything - I was usually in a mood after the hassle to get in and had to get to my seat

never seen the DCI both so busy, all the Cali folks stocking up on their one in a life time t-shirt buys and to prove it really was in California

I posted something on this much earlier in the season, but I want to echo Cavies69. It was hard work and a LOT of fun selling souvies for the Madison Scouts and meeting so many fans. A special thank you to the souvie staffs of Southwind and Spirit for helping this inexperienced driver guide our trailer to the right spot. I'd still be trying to get that thing in place in Stillwater if it weren't for you!

Same here. If it hadn't been for Crown's souvie people (thanks Brian) and so many others I wouly have gone from being the short chick in heels to the short chick in heels with a stuck van. y'all Rock!

Edited by kimitche