In & Out Burger

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a Whataburger and an In and Out burger when I took a cross country drive back in 2005. I found the In and Out burger to be superior. Now that I live in California, I am loving In and Out, but I'm also wanting to check out Sonic.

And then there is always Nations Burger in downtown Oakland - what a huge burger! And they put half a salad on it. What is up with burgers and Cali?

I miss Midwest BBQ though, ain't nothing like Gates BBQ out here!

There's also this no-name greasy-spoon drive-in just off Lakeshore in Oakland. The place looks highly suspect and the fries are cooked in 10-w40, but the double cheese burgers are insanely good. Ahn's Burgers on Grand Ave is also pretty good.

DOOD!!!!

Yeah, after semi's and final's, my bud and I hit the In'n'Out in Glendale, it's open 'til 1:30am on Fridays/weekends. Those double-double's and milk shakes sure hit the spot! We ran into quite a few corps folks on Saturday there after hanging out at the corps busses post-Finals. (Good thing we hit the Pasadena Gold's gym while we were there...That gym rocks - had an outdoor courtyard w/ weights, never lifted out in the open air, it was awesome!!!)

Other places we went to:

Todai

http://www.todai.com - can't git this anywhere but the West coast...and one in Chicago and one in the DC area...sushi galore, an entree line, salads, and a full dessert spread (portioned tiny for gorge fests)

King's Restaurant and Bakery http://www.kingshawaiian.com/restaurants/b...restaurant.html - Hawaiian local food - can't git this anywhere, not even in Detroit. Had the oxtail soup, the luau combo plate, loco-moco (y'all need to make this*) and fried saimin. Broke da mout'! (Sorry, local boy's appetite comin on strong....)

* Make it!: http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/LocoMocoHistory.htm

Hmmmm. I think there is one somewhere because I stopped at it a year or so ago after a Bridgemen practice.

There's one on route 17 in Hasbrouck Heights ... Mmmmmnnnnn, White Castle ... :) :) :)

Now, if you want to talk North Jersey Hot Dogs ... Johnny and Hanges in Fairlawn is the poo. Order one 'away with onions, cheese and chili on it. That's what I call fine dining!

Edited by DCIHasBeen

In N Out lost some of it's luster for me a few years ago when a big ole cockroach came crawling out of my fries. Blech! :sshh:

Quit complaining! It's not like they charged you extra for it! :P

Edited by DCIHasBeen

I'm in Las Vegas right now on my honeymoon. I'm gonna definitely have to find an In and Out before I leave.

We have plenty of Sonic Burgers in NC. It is currently my favorite fast food restaurant.

I personally love White Castle when I'm up in Indiana visiting. White Castles after the Indy 500 was one of my favorite traditions.

I'm in Las Vegas right now on my honeymoon. I'm gonna definitely have to find an In and Out before I leave.

We have plenty of Sonic Burgers in NC. It is currently my favorite fast food restaurant.

I personally love White Castle when I'm up in Indiana visiting. White Castles after the Indy 500 was one of my favorite traditions.

There's one right on Paradise right between the Rio and the Strip. Enjoy!

Having family there, I know there's one in Scottsdale. I know it well. B)

one what? Whataburger? Rubio's? In 'N Out?

We're staying in Scottsdale with my brother.. got an address?? ^0^

True Story.. when I was 16, I worked at a Pioneer Chicken (how many of you 'zonies remember them?) on Thomas and Hayden. My best friend worked across the street at the Whataburger.. we used to call over there and offer to trade our stipend meals with their shift.. it was cholesterol heaven!!

ugh.. why am I talking about fast food?