Why is it that most fans criticize more than congratulate?

I mean, it's always great to have your opinion heard, but share some love a little...

If it's the fact that Phantom Regiment wants to use the leg kick in their show, why is it a problem? Why do we as fans have to criticize their tradition? Why can't we congratulate the fact that their shows are always amazing... Why can't we accept the fact that George Hopkins wants to use narration in The Cadets show and be different? Why is it that this entire season, and even after we have been reading the same threads about hating The Cadets narration? Why can't we congratulate the fact that The Cadets are still an amazing, top finishing corps no matter what they do? Why do we have to talk bad about how the Blue Devils has one of the most boring shows this season? Why is that we can't accept the fact that Arizona Academy was nearly a finals performer in it's first year... These kids work their ### off to put on a great show for you. I have marched before, and I know that drum corps is the hardest thing, and best thing I have ever done in my life.

Think about how each individual member feels when you criticize the show they marched and loved in a bad way. They really worked hard so you can simply sit in a seat at the rose bowl, or where ever and watch their show.

This thread is completely for goodness, and to conngratulate every individual who has ever marched with a corps. D1 to D2 to D3...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is completely for goodness, and to conngratulate every individual who has ever marched with a corps. D1 to D2 to D3...

In that case, I congratulate... ME! I marched with a D1 corps and since your thread is all about goodness, I'm going to celebrate mine here. I was amazing when I marched and my marching has been so beneficial to me that its crazy. What I did was so good that I can't even stand myself.

Why is it that most fans criticize more than congratulate?

I heard considerably more applause and congratulatory remarks than negative comments made at the shows I attended, including at finals. There were also many congratulatory threads posted in this forum.

Perhaps you should focus on the positive and not let yourself be drawn into the negative?

I heard considerably more applause and congratulatory remarks than negative comments made at the shows I attended, including at finals. There were also many congratulatory threads posted in this forum.

Perhaps you should focus on the positive and not let yourself be drawn into the negative?

I'm just saying that the sport of Drum Corps shouldn't be treated the way it is sometimes... I couldn't believe how many threads I read about not liking narration this year... What about the corps itself... When I wen't to finals this year, people were laughing in the stands at the narration of The Cadets... And after when they found out they got second most people were clapping because Blue Devils won... They just deserve a little more respect for the corps members...

Drum corps people tend to be very passionate, and perfectionistic.

But it's easy to overdo passion and perfectionism, and become too negative. So I just deleted a shot from this draft of this post at three corps who could have done better, and instead I will congratulate and thank everybody who worked so hard in DCI to put the best show possible on the field this summer and every summer.

Drum corps people tend to be very passionate, and perfectionistic.

But it's easy to overdo passion and perfectionism, and become too negative. So I just deleted a shot from this draft of this post at three corps who could have done better, and instead I will congratulate and thank everybody who worked so hard in DCI to put the best show possible on the field this summer and every summer.

Kudos to that...

its also more beneficial to the activity

if everyone praises everything there is no improvement

Feedback is good.

I am not advocating some kind of egalitarian love-fest.

But, it's still easy to be a critic. It's harder to provide thoughtful feedback. As emotion goes up, intellect goes down (hence DCP :) ).

With regards to the whole Cadets thing, I feel many people feel it marks a significant departure (present company included) on what makes drum corps so great...hence all the criticism.

Edited by atlvalet

Mostly because 90% of the people who post on DCP are fat bandos who think they're hot shots because their band played a bad arrangement of Short Ride in a Fast Machine, so they tried out for the Cavaliers, but cut before the audition camp was even over, so now they're bitter and have to post their wonderful "knowledge" on DCP to vent.