Blue Devils aerial photos

#### straight, baby!!!

The field truly sucks major MAJOR ###.......but I'd love to practice there again..."one more time"

Truth be told ... I've marched in, or been to, some of the crappiest practice sites in New York & New Jersey ... Giegy in Bayonne, Tri-Chem in Harrison, Raritan Center in Edison (which was actually the garden spot of Jersey rehearsal facilities) and Randall's Island in the City. None of these places holds a candle to Mars as far as the hell-hole category go.

When the BD girls I went to college with would complain about Mars, I'd think Northern California, Bay Area ... They gotta' be exaggerating. Nothing could beat some of the Jersey dives. After being there Saturday I can state there was no exaggeration at all. The place is the pits.

Now I understand how the Blue Devils got so good ... Survival of the Fittest. The weak must've gotten rooted out along the way.

Edited by DCIHasBeen

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. The A corps,B corps and C corps trucks are there. In some pictures the A corps truck is open. The B corps "Matson" trailer is where they store items and it is open in one pic but it could be support staff working. With the size of the arc and lack of vehicals I'm thinking A corp rehearsal due to the number of out of town members and the need to car pool.

Spent way too many years at this place. In fact will be out there Saturday night for Renegades family day.

Mars, Schmars. You guys have grass. 27th had "behind Northgate". Asphalt, cops busting up rehearsal, sand fleas from the dunes in the landfill. And rats. Lots of rats. I stepped on a dead one during a drum solo and Ralph Pace gave me a back-hander for looking down. Mars. Paradise on earth. :P

Mars, Schmars. You guys have grass. 27th had "behind Northgate". Asphalt, cops busting up rehearsal, sand fleas from the dunes in the landfill. And rats. Lots of rats. I stepped on a dead one during a drum solo and Ralph Pace gave me a back-hander for looking down. Mars. Paradise on earth. :P

Any photos of that place, "behind Northgate?"

Anybody else have aerial photos of their rehearsal fields? Maybe other corps can be seen?!?