2008 Season

Anyone know if the corps designers have started work on the 2008 shows? Santa Clara Vanguard has a name for the corps' show but, I can't seem to find anymore details.

On a side note, I am surprised no one, for purposes of generating attention and discussion, has started a hype thread about the 2008 season and going out on a limb to call out who the next champion will be. :P That type of thread always gets people up in arms and generates a few good waves on DCP.

Anyone know if the corps designers have started work on the 2008 shows?

I don't know any details. I do know that Troopers staff was already working on 2008 plans when I spoke to director Fred Morris in San Antonio in late July. Go Troop!!!

Most, if not all corps already have ideas or confirmed ideas for next year. They will begin to have mettings very shortly to begin the production process.

On a side note, I am surprised no one, for purposes of generating attention and discussion, has started a hype thread about the 2008 season and going out on a limb to call out who the next champion will be. :P That type of thread always gets people up in arms and generates a few good waves on DCP.

this thread was up less than 24hours after finals

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=103168

I dont think it's completely unheard of with some groups..you will get staff members already working on rough ideas/concepts for the next years so during the middle of tour.

Hopkins has claimed to already be underway with discussions with brass arranger Jay Bocook about possible music. Also, we know what Santa Clara's show is gonna be.