For Alumni Drummers

I had an opportunity to watch and listen (and even take part in warm ups) to The Classic Cavaliers drumline prior to the Michigan City, Indiana show this summer. It was amazing to see and hear the original parts performed by these guys, some who haven't really played much in the last thirty or so years. If what I saw was some of them "getting the cobwebs out", man these cats must have been scary back in the day! It was one thing to hear parts off the records (never witnessing first hand. I was 2 years old for the 1966 stuff) but now I witnessed all the back-sticking and flips that took place!

I have just added some video content of the line to my website that some of you may enjoy. The link is http://www.backsticks.com/spotlight.htm

I'm not sure that many in the NE are aware The Cavaliers have an alumni corps. Better yet, I believe 2008 will feature an anniversary corps. In any event, I thought I would post this clip for all to enjoy and, my best to everyone competing/performing in Rochester.

Can't tell for sure, but that sure looks like Larry McCormick from the back directing....How well I remember those solo's........Just like yesterday.........No wonder they kicked our A_____'s every time we competed against them.......Larry was our arranger/instructor for 3 years and he could sure write quality stuff............Thx Danny......

Hey, no problem Dan.

Actually the guy out front is Denny Doud who was a Cavalier snare tech back in the sixties and seventies. I also understand that Larry McCormick will be involved with the anniversary corps next year. To what extent, I don't know, but I'm sure someone like Paul Milano could answer any questions out there.

Ahh . . . 15" Snare drums that have some depth of sound. Beautiful, crisp sounding snare drums. And they look great too!

Thanks for sharing this with us, Danny! It sure does take one back.