DCA Friday Night I&E Schedule and Info

Oops! My Bad. You are the man. :blink:

I'll be there rooting for you Scott.

Scott K.

Awesome, I can't wait to see you again. B)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to all contestants and I hope I get to see both Jim and Dick do their horn things.....slide soprano eh Dick? Go gettum

Best of luck to all contestants and I hope I get to see both Jim and Dick do their horn things.....slide soprano eh Dick? Go gettum

Play it like a trombone!

I just hope the slide doesn't come out of the bugle :blink:

Oh Well! I love playing on the edge, Let's have fun guys B)

[

To let everyone in on the "inside joke", years ago I bought a 1 valve Tenor Bari so I could hear what it sounded like. Horn was listed as being from the 1950s but when it arrived, found out it was a pre-WWII horn (thing has a valve lock on it) and smaller than the 50s version. Long story short... playing music I found in 1930 Ludwig manual with that horn Friday night. Might as well call it a history lesson as compared to the sound of todays Baris, it ain't gonna be that pretty.

There is some history on the web about horns like that and shows where the valve had to be locked in order to perform in some competitions. Pretty interesting to find out how the instrument was played back in the day.

Oh I can get into trouble in so many different ways with a response to this. ^0^ :P

Thanks Nanc, ready as I ever will be to have fun ('cause I sure ain't worried about the score B) ).....

To let everyone in on the "inside joke", years ago I bought a 1 valve Tenor Bari so I could hear what it sounded like. Horn was listed as being from the 1950s but when it arrived, found out it was a pre-WWII horn (thing has a valve lock on it) and smaller than the 50s version. Long story short... playing music I found in 1930 Ludwig manual with that horn Friday night. Might as well call it a history lesson as compared to the sound of todays Baris, it ain't gonna be that pretty. :doh:

LOL You aren't supposed to respond. LOL

This is gonna be a great "history lesson"! Thanx for taking it on!

They have I&E at DCA? :)

. . . I'll settle for "attending" the sops/trompetas/tenor horn/mellos, then trafficking the minicorps stage. . .

Cozy, I'll catch-up with you for the trafficking :doh: