While I'm still thinking about it. . .

Gorgo

I had a minor fit of insomnia last night and got up at 3 a.m. EDT to take a short web foray. DCP was nowhere to be found on the internet. Browser tried to look up the site in the server directory, and came up empty - timing out each time.

I tried browsing with Firefox (1st choice) and IE (2nd choice) and got nowhere with either.

I went back to bed and tried again around 6:45 a.m. before heading off to work - still no go. When I left for work, the PC stayed on - it's on almost 24/7 these days, even when I'm not home.

I got back on this evening and looked around the Club in the Bored Forum - no one was apparently posting there during that time period.

So I dunno - anyone in the know care to shed some light on things?

Thanks in advance. :)

I had a minor fit of insomnia last night and got up at 3 a.m. EDT to take a short web foray. DCP was nowhere to be found on the internet. Browser tried to look up the site in the server directory, and came up empty - timing out each time.

I tried browsing with Firefox (1st choice) and IE (2nd choice) and got nowhere with either.

I went back to bed and tried again around 6:45 a.m. before heading off to work - still no go. When I left for work, the PC stayed on - it's on almost 24/7 these days, even when I'm not home.

I got back on this evening and looked around the Club in the Bored Forum - no one was apparently posting there during that time period.

So I dunno - anyone in the know care to shed some light on things?

Thanks in advance. :)

No, but there were some strange routing anomalies going on in the network. Tristan let me know last night that he was having a problem getting to the site. After looking at the route between his computer and our datacenter (where the DCP servers 'live'), it appeared that his connection was failing in the network a few 'hops' short of our server. I ran the same trace from a couple of different locations and had no problems connecting. It appeared we were having no 'internal' problems and connections from other parts of the country were not experiencing problems, based on our testing.

We chalked-it-up to an intermittent network routing issue and went on our merry way.

If other folks are/were having problems - I'd appreciate a note with some details.

Thanks!

-john

Thanks for the info, John. :)

I think we can close this puppy, then.

Thanks for the info, John. :)

I think we can close this puppy, then.

You're quite welcome.

We'll leave this thread open for a couple of days - just in-case there were others that had a similar problem.

Thanks!

-john