DCI/DCA Dynasty

Martybucs

karlhammonddesign.com

I don't think the mell mpcs are listed on the site, but he's been making them for at least a couple years now. Easy to call up or find a rep and ask about them. I believe Bluecoats have used his mpcs for a couple years,and I believe SCV may have used them last year; don't have firsthand knowledge of that though.

I love playing the horn with this mpc.

Ray Vasquez, who used to be on staff with us and still plays with us in Minni-Brass, turned us on to them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get the players, we'll bust out the horns! No French Horn players showed up this year, so we went back to all Mellos.
As soon as I hit the lottery, I'll show up. I'd love to play with you guys. Perhaps if you all moved closer to me... the closest big city is Vegas. Maybe you could get Criss Angel to join and levitate the whole corps! B)

OK, back on topic. I enjoy my Dynasty 2 valve FH, but it's not what I would call "in tune". A longer rod for my first valve slide might help a bit. Generally, I do a lot of lipping when I play it.

I started with an olds bari.2 valve. Switched to a Kanstul 2 valve.

I love the warm rich tones of my Kanstul but it's heavier than the Olds.

I have tendon damaged arms and arthritis in hands.

It stinks getting old. ~grins~

Be good to yourself, young'ns!

I didn't feel like reading all 6 pages of this, so I don't know if all of this has been gone over. I'm pretty sure that BD does not have the same model Dynasty horns that everyone else uses. Any hornline can win with any type of horn. You throw Blue Devils on Jupiter horns and they will win brass in a few years. The Dynasty Bb/F horns aren't very good. They have awkward pitch tendencies and the difference between one horn to the next can be mind boggling. You'll never really find two horns alike, I know, but I didn't think it was possible to find two horns so unalike. That being said, yes, corps win with dynasty brass. we won with Dynasty brass in 2004 and 2005 in div II. it happens. it takes a smart staff and that's about it. something the blue devils and reading have clearly. I'd say it's more the staff and musicians than it is the brass instruments. I'd still rather play Kings, Yamahas, or Kanstuls over Dynasty horns any day.

~someone who's played on a Dynasty Bb trumpet for four years in a row now.

I'd say it's more the staff and musicians than it is the brass instruments. I'd still rather play Kings, Yamahas, or Kanstuls over Dynasty horns any day.

That says it right there. It has never really been about the horns. Every manufacturer has inconsistency in their lines. It's the nature of the beast. Always has been. Experts and experienced players will always play as many copies of the same instrument as they can to find the "one" that is sweet for them.

If you waste time blaming the equipment instead of learning how to play, then you're only excuse can be the equipment. Couldn't possibly be the player.

I think Lisa, Lisa, Mo Meesa has a quote in her signature, "It's the poor carpenter that blames his tools".

Three of us in the Cabs Alumni Corps play 4-Valve "G" Dynasty contras & we love 'em!!! And no cutting any tubing to get them pitched correctly, either!!! ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

AMEN BROTHER!!!!

So the world champions of drum corps, both DCA and DCI used DYNASTY horns.

Lots of people trash DEG on here and praise Kanstul and King as the best.

Kanstul and King are great horns, my argument has always been, so are Dynasty horns and it's the player that makes the difference.

Those of you that simply don't like DYNASTY probably will only say these corps were either lucky or that their victories are that much more impressive because they're using equipment you don't like.

In anycase, I'm pleased that my favorite G bugle is a DEG Dynasty.

I know, next comes the stories about how some one had to cut 3 inches from the tuning section of a DEG to get the horn in tune...

DEG's Suck.

:P

From a different perspective, I congratulate Al Murray and Dynasty for their continuous support of all-age corps. Every year, DEG/Dynasty responds to the call to financially support DCA. Here's a company that truly understands all-age performers include persons who make purchasing decisions.

Please give Dynasty a chance to earn your business. They believe in you.