Steel Town Brass (Bandettes) are recruiting in Michigan!

Hi everyone!

This is already looking to be an exciting year for the Bandettes organization! Steel Town Brass is tentatively setting up a recruiting station every week at Michigan Competing Band Association competitions; drop by to pick up a brochure, chat with some members of the staff, and see our G bugles on display! We're trying hard to be at the following shows:

September 15th: Novi High School

September 22nd: Flushing @ Flint Atwood Stadium

September 29th: Trenton High School (tentative)

October 6th: Livonia Franklin High School (tentative)

October 13th: Madison Heights Lamphere High School

October 20th: West Bloomfield High School (tentative)

October 27th: Huron Valley @ Lakeland High School

November 3rd: MCBA Championship at Ford Field

We had planned on having our new site launched today, but due to my computer experiencing a major hard drive failure last week, the site is coming in piece by piece. Bandettes.org has officially been taken offline, but the Steel Town Brass site will feature an extensive history of the Bandettes Drum & Bugle Corps, the last competing all-girl corps. Check it all out at http://www.steeltownbrass.org .

See you soon!

Oh, forgot to mention! We're still looking for a pit tech. If you're interested, and from the midwest, please email your resume to rkuhn@bandettes.org; this is a paying gig, and we will consider all experience levels.

Also, my sincerest apologies for not getting back to the gentleman who emailed me his resume last week; I lost your email when my hard drive died. Please feel free to contact me again!

Edited by ridgekuhn

Hi everyone!

This is already looking to be an exciting year for the Bandettes organization! Steel Town Brass is tentatively setting up a recruiting station every week at Michigan Competing Band Association competitions; drop by to pick up a brochure, chat with some members of the staff, and see our G bugles on display! We're trying hard to be at the following shows:

September 15th: Novi High School

September 22nd: Flushing @ Flint Atwood Stadium

September 29th: Trenton High School (tentative)

October 6th: Livonia Franklin High School (tentative)

October 13th: Madison Heights Lamphere High School

October 20th: West Bloomfield High School (tentative)

October 27th: Huron Valley @ Lakeland High School

November 3rd: MCBA Championship at Ford Field

We had planned on having our new site launched today, but due to my computer experiencing a major hard drive failure last week, the site is coming in piece by piece. Bandettes.org has officially been taken offline, but the Steel Town Brass site will feature an extensive history of the Bandettes Drum & Bugle Corps, the last competing all-girl corps. Check it all out at http://www.steeltownbrass.org .

See you soon!

Will the corps still be all girl or will it be coed ? Will it be all age or not ? And lastly will the corps be from Sault St. Marie Ontario Canada or from another place ? What ever happen's best wishes and good luck !!

STB is a new coed corps under the umbrella Bandettes organization, it's a junior corps, and we'll be Div. III. The corps is still based in the Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, and like the Bandettes, will have all of our camps in East Jordan, MI (just outside Charlevoix). Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Am looking forward to seeing Steel Town Brass on the field in the near future. The very best to Mary and the gang!!!

Michael