2007 Cadets - The most awesome dci moments in one show

Seriously, I thought it was great that there was a thread about this without any mudslinging for once...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, I thought it was great that there was a thread about this without any mudslinging for once...

Pssh....everyone knows that complimentary threads on dcp either get pushed to page 8 out of boredom, or get kept alive by going off topic.... :P

But, with all the digital stuff out there, would it be possible to somehow edit out the narrration on the DVD? Just for those who want to enjoy the show that a way?

If you find a way, please let me know, seriously.

If not the DVD, then at least the CD. I loved the music and marching of The Cadets 2007. Simply astounding! The narration just gets in the way. I am open to 'broadening my horizons', but I listen to instrumental music for a reason...well, many, many reasons actually. But primarily because it's instrumental, not vocal.

If there is a way to edit out the narration without compromising the integrity of the corps' performance, I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.

Just confirmed my CDs are to be delivered today, so I'm pretty excited. b**bs b**bs b**bs

Edited by Antoni30

If you find a way, please let me know, seriously.

If not the DVD, then at least the CD. I loved the music and marching of The Cadets 2007. Simply astounding! The narration just gets in the way. I am open to 'broadening my horizons', but I listen to instrumental music for a reason...well, many, many reasons actually. But primarily because it's instrumental, not vocal.

If there is a way to edit out the narration without compromising the integrity of the corps' performance, I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.

Just confirmed my CDs are to be delivered today, so I'm pretty excited. b**bs b**bs b**bs

I actually like the preseason narration free recordings better. The hornline was good enough back then that it doesnt bother me, the parts arent watered yet, and they actually played louder (so loud that they had to tone it down mid season :( )

he opener in cadets 06 was probably the hardest thing on the field last year, but we never had any halts or rests, and too often, the melody was carried by a section moving to fast to play it well. There's a point when intense demand just becomes bad writing. I think the 2007 cadets walked that line almost perfectly...

2006 I felt that we pulled out our run throughs too early and we were definitely not in good shape like we were this year. 05 were some faaaaaaaaaaaatttiessss

2006 I felt that we pulled out our run throughs too early and we were definitely not in good shape like we were this year. 05 were some faaaaaaaaaaaatttiessss

fat in 05? Dont forget, were also a stupid and gay hornline. Oh...and we wore out shorts way to high... :P :doh:

and yeah, lets not talk about 06. 10 minute stretch and run (with no run)

(so loud that they had to tone it down mid season :( )

But then Gino yelled at us and said, "I don't care what any judges say anymore, I want VOLUME!"

So it louder so says the decibel meter that we used every sectional.

I swear 50% of the comments from the box was about "committing to the volume level"

Edited by Mouthpiece1234

But then Gino yelled at us and said, "I don't care what any judges say anymore, I want VOLUME!"

So it louder so says the decibel meter that we used every sectional.

I dont know....after i stood on the track at allentown, everything i heard for the rest of the summer was softer by comparison

I actually like the preseason narration free recordings better. The hornline was good enough back then that it doesnt bother me, the parts arent watered yet, and they actually played louder (so loud that they had to tone it down mid season :( )

Thanks, euponitone. I appreciate the suggestion.

I may look into these preseason recordings.