2008 EAST COAST JAZZ DRUM MAJOR SELECTED

"Tom Chopelas [Executive Director] has announced the selection of Robert Coleman of Richmond, VA to be Drum Major of The East Coast Jazz.

Coleman, a fourth year student at Daniel Webster College in Nashua NH, is an aviation major who eventually plans to practice as an aviation attorney.

The new Drum Major is a 2004 graduate of Douglas S. Freeman High School (Richmond, Virginia). He has many years of music experience including conducting various instrumental and choral ensembles along the east coast."

Hello EVERYONE,

I am excited that the East Coast Jazz will be returning to the field for 2008. It is an honor and priviledge to hold such a vital role in the organization at such a crucial point in its hisotry. We are working hard to release staff announcements and information about the upcoming season within the next couple of weeks!

Please continue to check the website: www.eastcoastjazz.org for updated information - and I will try to keep this post as current as possible.

ANYONE interested in becoming a part of the organization can find OPEN HOUSE dates/times/locations on the website - Again do not hesistate to contact me with any questions or more information about joining.

Congrats! This is great news!

Did ECJ attend the meeting last weekend? Have they been approved to return?

Will there be a show in Malden this year?

"Tom Chopelas [Executive Director] has announced the selection of Robert Coleman of Richmond, VA to be Drum Major of The East Coast Jazz.

Coleman, a fourth year student at Daniel Webster College in Nashua NH, is an aviation major who eventually plans to practice as an aviation attorney.

The new Drum Major is a 2004 graduate of Douglas S. Freeman High School (Richmond, Virginia). He has many years of music experience including conducting various instrumental and choral ensembles along the east coast."

Hello EVERYONE,

I am excited that the East Coast Jazz will be returning to the field for 2008. It is an honor and priviledge to hold such a vital role in the organization at such a crucial point in its hisotry. We are working hard to release staff announcements and information about the upcoming season within the next couple of weeks!

Please continue to check the website: www.eastcoastjazz.org for updated information - and I will try to keep this post as current as possible.

ANYONE interested in becoming a part of the organization can find OPEN HOUSE dates/times/locations on the website - Again do not hesistate to contact me with any questions or more information about joining.

Since the corps has relocated, the show will probably be in Lynn instead of Malden.

As Robert said, keep an eye on the website for announcements soon

Hello All,

First THANK YOU for your support...I am REALLY excited about this season.

So many questions have been thrown my way the past couple of days...

I will answer each post and all questions as answers become available - continue to check the website regularly as our main goal is to show members and supporters - PROGRESS.

Please let me know any other questions - or if you would like more information about membership into the East Coast Jazz.

I look forward to meeting each of you...