New DCI corps starting in Catskill New York

There's a new drum corps starting up (well returning) in the Catsill New York Area. They are actually reforming and adding brass. I'm not sure exactly when they were out last because I'm new to the area.

They are currently looking for just about every position you can think of from Director to quarter master and everything in between. That means members and staff also.

I moved up to Catskill a year ago July. I love the area, but for a drum corps addict like me, the only thing it was missing was a drum corps and now there will be one :) !!!

They've already had a few very productive meetings. They have complete support from the town and the local officials. The drum corps will be run out of the Catskill Community Center.

The following is the community center's address and the Director of the Community Center's email address:

Catskill Community Center

344 Main Street

Catskill, NY 12414

Phone: 518-719-8244

Email: director@catskillcommunitycenter.org

They are currently working on a website. If there's anyone out there that may be interested in helping them get the website up and going as well, you can contact me at fusioncoredirect@gmail.com.

I am the Director and member of Fusion Core and that's my baby, however, I love drum corps and will help anyway I know how if I'm able. I am in NO WAY leaving Fusion. I'm just trying to help out my neighborhood bring back drum corps to the area. For those that know me, you know that drum corps is my passion!!!!

So, if you are interested in helping a new junior corps get up and going, please drop me a line or the Director of the Community Center and tell them that you read about it on DCP.

Sorry, but can a moderator please move this topic to announcements?

Hey, that's pretty close to the Raiders! Any idea what their name is?

Currently it's the Catskill Community Center Drum and Bugle Corps.

They would like to start up in January and hope to do some parades this year and stuff like that.

This is great news!

I looked at the Catskill Community Center website:

http://www.catskillcommunitycenter.org/CCCPrograms.asp

for more information and found the following under "programs":

"Drum and Drill Corp.

Days and Time to be announced

Open to all children ages nine (9) through twenty-one (21)

More information to come. If you have any questions or would like to help in organzing this Corp please contact Kellie Darling, Program Director at www.Director@Catskillcommunitycenter.org or by phone (518) 719-8244.

There will be an Open House, Friday, November 9,2007 from 6-9 for all interested children and potential volunteers."

This reads like the kind of start-up corps I remember well. Community based after school and weekend youth program teaches kids to march and continues the long drum corps line.

This really makes my day. :)

Looks like a good opportunity for recent age-outs to volunteer and help get a new corps up and marching.

Best wishes to everyone and I hope to see you all in uniform soon!

Aww, thanks Old Guard.

THanks also for adding all that info!!!!!

I would love to see some age-outs that are looking to stay involved in the activity come down and help out!!!!

I will keep you all updated as things progress!!!