The Next Great American Band

His name is Scott Steward not Stewart. FYI. They are two different guys. One marched Freelancers and BD, the other was the director of Scouts.

and some of us remember him as Scotty or Scop (Scott/sop). :p

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight is the final night of voting and I think that Denver and the Mile High Orchestra has a chance to be in the FINAL 3!! The show is on Fox tonight at 9/8 Central. Voting is free and you can vote as much as you want. I wouldn't be surprised if this was mentioned more in the future in the drum corps community. Good luck Tornado, Justin and the rest of DMHO!

:worthy:

wow, i watched this tonight- Denver and the Mile High Orchestra was awesome. Best of luck guys!

Which of the guys is the former BD member?

He plays trumpet, but i dont know which one he is...

Scott Steward is the shortest trumpet player and he played for both Freelancers and BD.

Scott Steward is the shortest trumpet player and he played for both Freelancers and BD.

Is this the soloist they used to call "Shorty" ??!

Close, but no cigar. "Shorty" is Tim Bartholomew, who marched in the Garfield Cadets in the early 80's. He then went on to teach Cadets, Troopers, Crossmen, Star and is now the Director of Education for Jersey Surf.

By the way, Scott Steward's next appearance after the finale of Next Great American Band will be Dec 21-23 at the Jersey Surf December Camp. Scott is the new brass caption head for the corps and we are all very excited to welcome yet another famous trumpet player into the Surf family!

Fred Ford

Program Coordinator

Jersey Surf

quote name='corpsvalues' date='Dec 15 2007, 02:07 AM' post='2100961']

Is this the soloist they used to call "Shorty" ??!

Edited by eastcoastjazz

I thought they were great too, but the Clark Brothers, just blew me away! It doesn't matter to me who wins, I love all three bands that made it!