Old Mini-Corp..

I just transfered this off an old VCR Tape last night..

Who was the first mini-corps? Well, I know there were a couple older than this, but I thought I’d pass it on to everyone anyway. This video has been collecting dust in a box for 20 years. The 1988 “One More Time” mini-corp was a group of Sunrisers & Bushwackers who got together and put out a mini-corps simply to have something to do during the off-season. Since this was long before DCA and MCA mini corps organizations, the only venue to perform in was as an exhibition at local winter guard shows.

The amount of drill and visuals reminded me of the conversations of late on DCP about the “direction” and “evolution” of marching type mini-corps rather than “Stage Performances” as it was called. I found it ironic that this group was doing that 20 years ago in a gym for a crowd.

I also can’t believe how much damage has happened to the tape! It was recorded on a cheap tape 20 years ago and I’m amazed at the degradation. The sound is still reasonable, but the picture quality is not that great, so I figured I better preserve it before disappeared altogether…

Anyway, watch and enjoy it for what it was….fun! :)

VERY COOL Scott :satisfied:

Thanks for saving and posting.... :worthy:

Tony ;-)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY COOL Scott :wub:

Thanks for saving and posting.... :wub:

Tony ;-)

My Pleasure!!

UPDATE:

Low and behold - Going through more and found a better quality video, although the camera isn't in the center and it doesn't stay up top the whole time like the other, but at least it's a little clearer...

Edited by Sunrizer

My Pleasure!!

UPDATE:

Low and behold - Going through more and found a better quality video, although the camera isn't in the center and it doesn't stay up top the whole time like the other, but at least it's a little clearer...

Scott,

Has Bruce Emmott (Sunrisers Alumni Webmaster) asked if we can post your videos on the Sunrisers Alumni website? If it's OK I can let Bruce know too...

Thanks again for posting this copy too. :wub:

Tony ;-)

Scott,

Has Bruce Emmott (Sunrisers Alumni Webmaster) asked if we can post your videos on the Sunrisers Alumni website? If it's OK I can let Bruce know too...

Thanks again for posting this copy too. :wub:

Tony ;-)

No he hasn't, but he's welcome to....BTW, does the alumi site have a meber only video section? I have a few videos that are not meant to share with the public on youtube (only because they wouldn't "get it" :P ... (aka: Milton & Clougher in "The truck zone" with his styro cooler...Milton with the tuna sandwich he found in the corp truck a week after a show :spit: ...I'm not sure whether he ate it not though....Things like that)

I can't seem to get on the site (password problems)

But as far as what I put on youtube so far, be my guest!! ^OO^

No he hasn't, but he's welcome to....BTW, does the alumi site have a meber only video section? I have a few videos that are not meant to share with the public on youtube (only because they wouldn't "get it" :P ... (aka: Milton & Clougher in "The truck zone" with his styro cooler...Milton with the tuna sandwich he found in the corp truck a week after a show :spit: ...I'm not sure whether he ate it not though....Things like that)

I can't seem to get on the site (password problems)

But as far as what I put on youtube so far, be my guest!! ^OO^

Check your email....

I'll send everything you need to get on the Alumni/CC Forum and Bruce's email addy...

Tony ;-)

SunAlum/CC Forum Asst Administrator