DCI on CBS...

http://cbs2.com/video/?id=45418@kcbs.dayport.com&cid=71

I don't know if this has been posted here before, (if it has, and was removed, my apologies in advance!) but it's a TV spot from finals week on a CBS station in CA. Aside from the "Drumline" and "college band" references, it's an nice little piece that to my great enjoyment, features footage of the tops of Div. II. Pretty cool.

could be worse, she could have said high school marching band :sshh: :P

My favorite line from the clip:

"... can't explain what it means to be in drum corps ..." said the first of the two women interviewed who marched in the '70's ...

" ... until you're in it ..." finished her friend ...

that about sums it up. :)

References to movies and college bands aside, I thought as a news piece that this was very well-done.

And, yeah, nice to see the Div II corps featured. Sounded to me that the music was all Spartans, though they had some nice footage of Surf, too.

And, yeah, nice to see the Div II corps featured. Sounded to me that the music was all Spartans, though they had some nice footage of Surf, too.

Actually, there seemed to be a decent balance of Surf and Spartans music, just no transition between the two...a pretty good representation of both.

Actually, there seemed to be a decent balance of Surf and Spartans music, just no transition between the two...a pretty good representation of both.

I'll take your word for it. I think I hear Surf only in the begining, but my memory can certainly be faulty. There is definately a place where they have a shot of Surf on the field and I hear the Spartan "magician" theme in the background.

It's been too long since August. And way too long until next summer. Need those DVD's to arrive! :)