Top 10 Things that should be illegal in DCA

What about the pit? How come they are allowed to use music stands and not get penalized for it? :blink:

in all of my years of playing, i've never seen a pit use a music stand for anything except to hold mallets.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in all of my years of playing, i've never seen a pit use a music stand for anything except to hold mallets.

thank you..........

well good catch on our part / I was just asking how it could have not made Lee's original top 10 list

Maybe Lee likes wearing spandex and wants everyone to also. :doh:

If brass can't use music stands neither should the pit. :P

Edited by sburstall

I don't know....Kathy Pearson did an amazing job of teaching and marching.

However....that said.....staff that have solos....I guess I can get my head around that one and agree with you Chris.

However....and I'm willing to accept that I'm probably alone in this but I don't like "ringers" in the pit. Either get out on the field with your fellow marchers because you're no better than them (nor is your time any more important than theirs) or you have no business being part of a "team" but not working just as hard as the rest of the team.

That's just my few sheckles.

Hi Lisa! Long time, no...

Kathy did do a great job, but she was not a soloist. Also, she jumped in at the end of the season and was not a part of the show for the full year, like a soloist would need to be. In addition, she tended to try and get a spot near the back so that she could observe the group from outside.

Anyhow - I agree with Tom. Do, it, don't do it. Use a music stand, don't use a music stand. Whatever make the people clap. That's who is the ultimate "judge" (IMO).

It can be fun to have a debate, though.