Atlanta CorpsVets 2008 Open House Report

Written by Kimberly Albright

CV staff writer and color guard member

Officially opening the 2008 season, Atlanta CorpsVets hosted their open house on Sunday, November 18 at Fayette Middle School in Fayetteville, Georgia. This annual event allows all interested in marching to get a glimpse into the CorpsVets family.

The day began with an introduction of 2008 staff by Director David Stollberg and a brief discussion of the 2008 production Simple Gifts by Show Coordinator, David Henry. The group then broke off into sectionals to work on what they do best. The afternoon ended with a show and tell by all sections. Please click here to read the full report...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pictures?

Working on the pictures. Hopefully we'll have some up tomorrow.

Written by Kimberly Albright

CV staff writer and color guard member

Officially opening the 2008 season, Atlanta CorpsVets hosted their open house on Sunday, November 18 at Fayette Middle School in Fayetteville, Georgia. This annual event allows all interested in marching to get a glimpse into the CorpsVets family.

The day began with an introduction of 2008 staff by Director David Stollberg and a brief discussion of the 2008 production Simple Gifts by Show Coordinator, David Henry. The group then broke off into sectionals to work on what they do best. The afternoon ended with a show and tell by all sections. Please click here to read the full report...

Hi- I am very interested in auditioning for CorpsVets next weekend, but I was unable to attend the open house. I called the number on the website for more information... ie- what the audition process was like and if I would need a prepared piece.... and no one has returned my call. I've never marched in a corps before, so I feel like I'm kind of functioning in the dark. I play mellophone, and would be grateful for any information!

Hi- I am very interested in auditioning for CorpsVets next weekend, but I was unable to attend the open house. I called the number on the website for more information... ie- what the audition process was like and if I would need a prepared piece.... and no one has returned my call. I've never marched in a corps before, so I feel like I'm kind of functioning in the dark. I play mellophone, and would be grateful for any information!

Can't speak for anyone with the corpsvets but this is a all age activity.My GUESS is if you have "some" previous marching experience and can play a couple of scales and lip slurs,,,the fine staff at Corpsvets will find a spot for you and carry you the rest of the way.

Best of luck to you and see you somewhere down the road. :)

Can't speak for anyone with the corpsvets but this is a all age activity.My GUESS is if you have "some" previous marching experience and can play a couple of scales and lip slurs,,,the fine staff at Corpsvets will find a spot for you and carry you the rest of the way.

Best of luck to you and see you somewhere down the road. :)

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I guess you could say I've had "some" previous experience. I've been playing for almost 13 years and I've marched 12. 6 of that has been in a college band. Granted that might not amount to much, but I'm a descent player and I usually remember which foot is the left one. ;) but seriously, thanks! And Good luck to you as well.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I guess you could say I've had "some" previous experience. I've been playing for almost 13 years and I've marched 12. 6 of that has been in a college band. Granted that might not amount to much, but I'm a descent player and I usually remember which foot is the left one. ;) but seriously, thanks! And Good luck to you as well.

Ok,,I can say with a fact you have a spot. :P

Which College?

Glad to hear Open House went well. Wish I could have been there and for the Banquet!! See everyone soon

oh and a very nicely written article Kimberly !!

Edited by hurcwave

Which College?

university of Alabama