Pan's Labyrinth

Dear any key players in drum corps reading,

Please play music from Pan's Labyrinth. Whoever does it gets the prize of owning my soul for all eternity (or at least having at least one rabid fan for a summer.)

Thank you,

~>conner

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am indeed, specifically by the big hit at around 5 minutes into Bell's show. That ws absolutely incredible.

I would love to see a corps play it.

~>conner

I am indeed, specifically by the big hit at around 5 minutes into Bell's show. That ws absolutely incredible.

~>conner

L.D. BELL WAS AMAZING!!!!!

~>conner

L.D. BELL WAS AMAZING!!!!!

I WAS ON THE FIELD!!!!!!

That is a great movie that has some great music. I was certainly made a fan of Javier Navarrete by this movie, and it has solidified Guillermo Del Toro as one of my favorite directors, but I digress...

I think using the movie as a theme could work wonderfully for a lucky corps. The lullaby got stuck in my head for a week when I first saw the movie. I don't know what LD Bell did, but it would be a cool effect for the entire corps to hum the lullaby (or perhaps sing, if humming isn't loud enough) while having brass stagger backfield entrances so the humming/singing is gradually covered by the corps's crescendos to a big moment.

That is a great movie that has some great music. I was certainly made a fan of Javier Navarrete by this movie, and it has solidified Guillermo Del Toro as one of my favorite directors, but I digress...

I think using the movie as a theme could work wonderfully for a lucky corps. The lullaby got stuck in my head for a week when I first saw the movie. I don't know what LD Bell did, but it would be a cool effect for the entire corps to hum the lullaby (or perhaps sing, if humming isn't loud enough) while having brass stagger backfield entrances so the humming/singing is gradually covered by the corps's crescendos to a big moment.

Yea, L.D. Bell actually used a young girl too sing the melody... Also the band hummed it at the end...

i definitely suggest using that video website and searching ld bell 2007. their nats performance is on there, and if you saw the band earlier in the season, even their semis performance, be sure to check out the final ending (version 4). they did some great stuff with just that one melody.

a corps could do wonders.

Edited by siLk