Bluecoats' 2008 Show to Glamorize Violence (IMHO)

And while we're at it, let's prepare some banter for Steve Rondinaro and Dennis DeLucia for the theater broadcast. Any takers?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bluecoats website introduces the show title for 2008 as "The Knockout" and indicates the concept will be about boxing.

Why does a youth activity glamorize a violent sport?

OCT 31, 2007 MARSHAMELLO posted the following:

I find it amazing how far some people go with this ########! In 2005 there were actually comments on DCP about how The Cadets shouldn't do the Kill Bill theme because it was from a movie about murder. Then they're promoting drug use with "I took one of these an hour ago" in the Alice show. Then they were pro-abortion with the "I believe in choice" line. Now, they're disrespectful to Columbine if they do the American Elergy. Give it a rest and get a life!!!!

It's amazing how many inappropriate adaptations of music I have heard from corps and how much fan support backed those performances. It's even OK for the likes of Madison to rape and murder Carmen right in the middle of the football field and the crowds go wild. But The Cadets performing the Elergy is inappropriate and disrespectful. Geez!!!

Find Member's Posts Posted on: Oct 12 2007, 11:38 AM

OCT 31, 2007 MARSHAMELLO posted the following:

...Give it a rest and get a life!!!!...

Find Member's Posts Posted on: Oct 12 2007, 11:38 AM

We've got the campfire blazing. Now all we need is the sharp sticks for the marshamello roast. (I kid. I kid.)

OHHHH ZING.... THATS GOTTA HURT!!!!!!

In boxing terms, isn't that a Technical Knock-Out?

Edited by Michael Boo

haha i remember back when Cadets announced they were using the song from kill bill and lancerylady threw a #### fit over it bc the movie over glorified violence... even though she had never seen it. I can kind of understand the OPs view but i dont agree with it. Boxing is a sport, its legal, regulated, and other than getting the #### beat out of you, it seems enjoyable.

Where were you in 06 when BD did a show condoning mafia violence?

:devil: No reason for you to attack me personally about my opinion which you are totally misconstruing and obvisouly still didn't get. :devil:

Oh I have seen Kill Bill thanks for checking.

Edited by Lancerlady

The members of the British Medical Association hired to ban EVIL drum corps shows after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked.

Drum corps will be changed to an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.

It will definitely including llamas.

What, no stories about your sister being bitten by a moose while on holiday? :devil: