Madison Scouts Percussion Staff Addition

MJN

Casey Brohard (BD snare 02-06 I think) has been added to the Scouts Percussion staff :tounge2:

http://madisonscouts.org/Madison%20Scouts/Staff.html

I wonder if techs have any influence on people who are considering auditioning??? I think probably yes.

Casey Brohard (BD snare 02-06 I think) has been added to the Scouts Percussion staff :tounge2:

I wonder if techs have any influence on people who are considering auditioning??? I think probably yes.

A few west coast drum corps people on staff?

Edited by Cop

A few west coast drum corps people on staff?

Yes

It doesn't matter to me where they live

More so if auditions weren't already underway.

btw, I thought one of the main objectives of the "new" Scouts management team was to bring in expenses to a more manageable level. How does importing a bunch of West Coast staff fit into that directive? Are there not enough talented guys from the Midwest that could save the Scouts lots of dough on instructor travel?

Casey Brohard (BD snare 02-06 I think) has been added to the Scouts Percussion staff :tongue:

Edited by noduttingoutloud

More so if auditions weren't already underway.

btw, I thought one of the main objectives of the "new" Scouts management team was to bring in expenses to a more manageable level. How does importing a bunch of West Coast staff fit into that directive? Are there not enough talented guys from the Midwest that could save the Scouts lots of dough on instructor travel?

How does bringing these guys on NOT live up to these objectives. Let's not start a flame war because of where people come from or how much the chosen staff members will cost on the budget, unless of course we know these answers, in which case we wouldn't be posting that information on this forum.

It comes down to who work well together and who are thought of to be in the best interest for instruction. I do not think geographic locations should be our basis for thinking of how a corps is running their operations. Especially when we do not know those details and are questioning them on an open forum.

Not trying to be a jerk, but let's be fair and assume the decisions are for the good of the corps before we start making accusations about the management team.

How does bringing these guys on NOT live up to these objectives. Let's not start a flame war because of where people come from or how much the chosen staff members will cost on the budget, unless of course we know these answers, in which case we wouldn't be posting that information on this forum.

It comes down to who work well together and who are thought of to be in the best interest for instruction. I do not think geographic locations should be our basis for thinking of how a corps is running their operations. Especially when we do not know those details and are questioning them on an open forum.

Not trying to be a jerk, but let's be fair and assume the decisions are for the good of the corps before we start making accusations about the management team.

Exactly. As we've seen already this year...and last year...and just about EVERY year, speculation just gets people in trouble. If you want to ask a question, fine...direct it to the corps personnel. However, if you don't have any information and this is truly nothing more than speculation, then I call you (noduttingoutloud) nothing more than a troll looking to stir the proverbial pot...