Crossmen 1990 soprano soloist

I recently discovered a recording of the 1990 Crossmen show. I can't stop listening to it...wonder why it doesn't get a lot of buzz around here. Great comeback show for the corps. Does anyone know who the soprano soloist in Baroque Samba is? The solos are wonderful and I just love the way he/she projects. Thanks in advance.

I recently discovered a recording of the 1990 Crossmen show. I can't stop listening to it...wonder why it doesn't get a lot of buzz around here. Great comeback show for the corps. Does anyone know who the soprano soloist in Baroque Samba is? The solos are wonderful and I just love the way he/she projects. Thanks in advance.

Her Name was Laura....(I do not remember her last name.....must be getting old.)

She was from Alabama if I remember correctly.

Gary Cuzzocrea might know more information.

The 1990 show was not really a comeback show. It was more of a momentum builder that started in 1986 as the corps kept placing higher and getting better each year from that point forward.

That summer the corps broke a 90 for the first time in their history, and they ended up tied for their highest finals placement ever up until that point in their history. It was a great year to Ageout...(hence my dcp screen name.)

Her Name was Laura....(I do not remember her last name.....must be getting old.)

The 1990 show was not really a comeback show. It was more of a momentum builder that started in 1986 as the corps kept placing higher and getting better each year from that point forward.

That summer the corps broke a 90 for the first time in their history, and they ended up tied for their highest finals placement ever up until that point in their history. It was a great year to Ageout...(hence my dcp screen name.)

Nice, thanks for the info.

:laughing:

Laura Cunningham

Yes, Laura had the solo for the second half of the season. Prior to that Kevin Kegeres (sp?) was the soloist and he was much more of a raw screamer than Laura was.

So if you saw us earlier in the year, the solo sounded considerably different (at least it did to me) than it did at the end of the year.

And Larry is right, it wasn't really a comeback show. We busted our butts in 90 but the years before us (86-89) were the ones that laid the groundwork for 90 to happen. It didn't happen overnight.

1990 was really a great year to be a Crossmen.

She was from Alabama if I remember correctly........

.......It was a great year to Ageout...(hence my dcp screen name.)

I agree....great year to age out.

I remember the first time I saw her up front for the solo. I was thinking, who is she....wait....she's pretty good! I think she joined the corps in the spring? Anyway, as a drummer I was pleasantly surprised to see a rookie female horn player to grab a solo spot, and she did a great job with it.

Speaking of old Crossmen show, I was just watching 1992 Crossmen on the Legacy Collection. ####! I love it more and more each time. Especially the drum break/soprano re-entrance.

Speaking of old Crossmen show, I was just watching 1992 Crossmen on the Legacy Collection. ####! I love it more and more each time. Especially the drum break/soprano re-entrance.

Yup. Can't decide if it's my 3rd or 4th favorite show of all time...

Matt Krempasky is a god. When did he stop arranging for the corps?

Edited by Hrothgar15

Yup. Can't decide if it's my 3rd or 4th favorite show of all time...

Matt Krempasky is a god. When did he stop arranging for the corps?

I think his last year writing for the Crossmen was 1994. He is still active as a teacher and arranger.

Great guy and he knows his stuff!

Glad you all love the early 90's Crossmen. It was a great time to be in that corps and we had many great shows programmed by Dennis Delucia.

I think his last year writing for the Crossmen was 1994. He is still active as a teacher and arranger.

Great guy and he knows his stuff!

Glad you all love the early 90's Crossmen. It was a great time to be in that corps and we had many great shows programmed by Dennis Delucia.

I'm starting to reconsider...I've had "Now or Never" stuck in my head the entire day. It doesn't play too well with trying to study power series solutions of linear differential equations with variable coefficients. Eight more days... :devil: