7th Regiment 2008 Open House / Audition Camp Report

The 7th Regiment is pleased to announce a strong start to their fifth competitive season following their

December 8-9 Open House / Audition Camp. A great mix of returning and new performers provided an exciting

atmosphere for all sections as they worked to familiarize themselves with 7th's principles of

movement and technique. The weekend culminated with a run of the corps cadence and Morton Gould's "American

Salute."

7th's design team announced the 2008 program to weary but enthusiastic auditionees on Saturday evening.

Featuring the music of Ginastera, Copland, and H. Owen Reed, "Mexican Landscapes" will reflect the rugged

beauty of Mexico, from the canyons of the Sierra Madre to the rapids of the Rio Grande. The corps is looking

forward to warmer weather to take the field and paint a portrait of Nature's beauty and might.

As a corps that takes pride in performing both in and out of the competitive spectrum, the 7th Regiment is

also excited to begin a relationship with their neighbors in entertainment, the Mohegan Sun Arena.

They are looking forward to preparing a halftime show for the Connecticut Sun during the 2008 WNBA season.

Please stay tuned to www.7thregiment.org for more

information on the 2008 production and the corps'

scheduled performances.

The 7th Regiment is pleased to announce a strong start to their fifth competitive season following their

December 8-9 Open House / Audition Camp. A great mix of returning and new performers provided an exciting

atmosphere for all sections as they worked to familiarize themselves with 7th's principles of

movement and technique. The weekend culminated with a run of the corps cadence and Morton Gould's "American

Salute."

7th's design team announced the 2008 program to weary but enthusiastic auditionees on Saturday evening.

Featuring the music of Ginastera, Copland, and H. Owen Reed, "Mexican Landscapes" will reflect the rugged

beauty of Mexico, from the canyons of the Sierra Madre to the rapids of the Rio Grande. The corps is looking

forward to warmer weather to take the field and paint a portrait of Nature's beauty and might.

As a corps that takes pride in performing both in and out of the competitive spectrum, the 7th Regiment is

also excited to begin a relationship with their neighbors in entertainment, the Mohegan Sun Arena.

They are looking forward to preparing a halftime show for the Connecticut Sun during the 2008 WNBA season.

Please stay tuned to www.7thregiment.org for more

information on the 2008 production and the corps'

scheduled performances.

Looks like a great start to another exciting year. Go 7th...looking forward to it.

Good news!

I really enjoyed 7th Regiment's show last year and am looking forward to seeing you next summer.

Best Wishes to all of you for a great '08 :cool:

Thanks Old Guard we truly appreciate the support.

I really enjoyed reading all your event reviews. I hope to meet you next year at one of the shows. At the New London Show I'm always in the booth selling T-Shirts, stop by and say hello.

Barbara

GREAT to hear that Junior Corps in Connecticut is surviving..

Continued Success !!

Thanks Old Guard we truly appreciate the support.

I really enjoyed reading all your event reviews. I hope to meet you next year at one of the shows. At the New London Show I'm always in the booth selling T-Shirts, stop by and say hello.

Barbara

Well ... looking at the schedule ... (Thank You, DCI!)... the New London show looks to be the first one near me ...

My grandson actually found this before me and sent me his first "Can we go, please?" request of the year ...

I am marking it on my calendar for the beginning of my drum corps summer 2008 ...

and making plans to be there! :inlove:

Well ... looking at the schedule ... (Thank You, DCI!)... the New London show looks to be the first one near me ...

My grandson actually found this before me and sent me his first "Can we go, please?" request of the year ...

I am marking it on my calendar for the beginning of my drum corps summer 2008 ...

and making plans to be there! :inlove:

Glad to hear you'll be at our show. I look forward to meeting you.