BDC: 5

Vanguard Cadets: 12

BDB: 17

BDC: 9

Vanguard Cadets: 17

BDB: 16

BDC: 8

Vanguard Cadets: 19

There is another thread about World Class corps having less shows as well. Either the schedule is not complete in the lineups or DCI is trying to ease the travel cost by having less shows.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Myusik4Jakassez
I would say tour schedules are not complete...it is still early for many "open class" corps to have a final tour set!

I agree. I've been keeping an eye on the status of the TBA NJ show on 7/20 (it's the Raiders' new home show), and in just one day the attendance went from 5 to 6 corps. I'm assuming there's going to be a lot more later on, since it's the day after the Surf's show and most of the other corps don't have another show scheduled for about a week after that. Making a stop less than 2 or 3 hours away would make a lot of sense.

And even without going to Finals, there's absolutely NO way that Spirit of Newark has only 2 shows!

Edited by Myusik4Jakassez

I couldn't march spirit of newark....only doing 2 shows...*shakes head*

Spirit of Newark is doing tour. They are in contact with DCI about the schedule. They will be in Buffalo then continue through Ohio to Wisconsin to Michigan City. They should have about 10 shows this season.

from what i saw, the tour looks pretty similar to the 05 tour, at least for the west coast.

Memphis Sound

2007: 21 shows

2008: 12 shows

Memphis Sound

2007: 21 shows

2008: 12 shows

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Do open class corps make a significant amount of money per performance?

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Do open class corps make a significant amount of money per performance?

$0 per performance.

Most if not all corps survive by finding sponsors, doing multiple fundraisers, selling merchandise, and tour fees.

Memphis Sound has done "full" tours every since its inception. I'm hoping the 12 this year is only tentative.

When I marched Div III in the mid 90s....our corps had 30+ show seasons...not including finals...

Of course we did A LOT of midwestern shows...and even a few shows up in north in Canada...I miss DCM...its faults aside