All Madison Scout Alums and Alums of Other Corps

Since this thread was closed, and well, I think what Jason was doing was the right thing by telling all Madison alums, which I will now branch out to all alum's of any respective corps. I think it is a good time to give your corps that Christmas present that will benefit them the most at this time of year, and that is a gift of a monetary donation to help the rising cost of running a corps. It's a great tax write off, and a great way to give back to the activity we all love.

Hopefully my post won't be closed, because a brother of mine had a post closed by simply stating that people should give their corps money, but I guess that was hard for some to understand.

And well, if a thread about HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BAND can go 9 pages, and the mod's can write back to me and let me know that a high school marching band dues thread is about drum corps, then hopefully a shameless plug from myself and thirdcoast to help out our corps will stay open.

Happy Holidays all!

Since this thread was closed, and well, I think what Jason was doing was the right thing by telling all Madison alums, which I will now branch out to all alum's of any respective corps. I think it is a good time to give your corps that Christmas present that will benefit them the most at this time of year, and that is a gift of a monetary donation to help the rising cost of running a corps. It's a great tax write off, and a great way to give back to the activity we all love.

Hopefully my post won't be closed, because a brother of mine had a post closed by simply stating that people should give their corps money, but I guess that was hard for some to understand.

And well, if a thread about HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BAND can go 9 pages, and the mod's can write back to me and let me know that a high school marching band dues thread is about drum corps, then hopefully a shameless plug from myself and thirdcoast to help out our corps will stay open.

Happy Holidays all!

I agree...fans and especially alumni that can afford to do so...please support your favorite corps in a tangible way this Christmas. I saw a thread about how the Blue Stars are going to make big coin at their souvie booth this summer and I was thinking to myself...well, that's good, but I'll bet they and every corps that I can think of, could certainly use your help now if you are in a position to help.

So, if you haven't thought of it already, give a drum corps a great stocking stuffer this Christmas.

Not that the moderators need anyone to defend them, but I suspect the instruction that a specific amount ($100) was the place to start and the admonition to "get off your collective a--es and start helping your drum corps" was, as another poster put it, not the most tactful way to inspire others to give.

Most corps alumni groups can do more to get out the word about the tax deductibility of gifts to 501c3 corporations, especially at the end of the year when some alums might find such a gift to be more palatable.

So, in my opinion, the message was good, the delivery was "rusty."

One of the ways I contribute to the Troopers is by having a big mayo jar for spare change deposits. My daughter, almost 4 years old, loves to put money in the "Trooper Jar." I have friends and family who add to the jar when they visit. When the jar was pretty full we took it to the bank to have it counted and deposited into our account, and then we sent a donation to the corps. We collected $85 worth of spare change in a very short amount of time, and it was a lot of fun watching the jar fill up!

Happy Holidays all!

thanks for the help madcont.... you the man(still waiting for the post to open back up) did boo call ME rusty, he must not know me,mabye he should have a chat with vickers before he posts things about our corps or about ME.

thanks for the help madcont.... you the man(still waiting for the post to open back up) did boo call ME rusty, he must not know me,mabye he should have a chat with vickers before he posts things about our corps or about ME.

I wasn't posting about your or your corps. I was posting about the delivery/tone/demeanor of the original message with was closed, defending the moderators and offering a suggestion as to why it was closed. That's all.

I wasn't posting about your or your corps. I was posting about the delivery/tone/demeanor of the original message with was closed, defending the moderators and offering a suggestion as to why it was closed. That's all.

I wonder how all the other alums out there feel about this subject? not just about the dues but certian people feeling they should be the moderators of our activity. still waiting for kristin to pop her 2 cents on here agian.

I wonder how all the other alums out there feel about this subject? not just about the dues but certian people feeling they should be the moderators of our activity. still waiting for kristin to pop her 2 cents on here agian.

What I'm trying to point out is that DCP is not a public site open to anything and everything. It is a privately-owned site open to the public, provided the individuals who choose to register and agree to their set of standards accept those caveats. DCP is owned by one person and he chooses to have moderators who moderate not the activity, but the content on DCP.

When a moderator feels a thread isn't going where it should according to DCP standards, (in the original case, the way the appeal was presented), they have the right to close the thread. This internal policing is something we all agree to when we sign up to be members of DCP. There are other sites that are not moderated. DCP has achieve the success and volume it has either because of or in spite of its standards. Overall, people find it a safe place to hang out without some of the harangues they encounter in other sites.

I don't speak for DCP or the moderators, but that's my personal observation. I'm delighted to have DCP and I accept their moderating the threads as they see fit. I am a guest in their house...and I'm not paying anything to hang out here.