2008 Drum Corps Associates Exercise Challenge

Who's in?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to compete in the 2008 DCA Exercise Challenge?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe in a month or two....

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IM in

Awesome, that's 2 of us...

Who else? You know you wanna....

This sounds like a great idea, but would it not be fair to the people who live in say, The North East? Obviously, they will have more of a problem getting outside and exersising, than other people in warmer climates.

Well... really only the first two months of the challenge are winter months, and thus far, we don't have too many competitors yet... People can join anytime between now and Prelims, so I am not thinking that there will be a huge advantage to those who start on Jan. 1st, tho obviously, the sooner the better.

Also, there's nothing that says the exercise has to be done outside. You can run on an indoor track or a treadmill. And even when it's cold, a nice long walk outside isn't so bad.

This sounds like a great idea, but would it not be fair to the people who live in say, The North East? Obviously, they will have more of a problem getting outside and exersising, than other people in warmer climates.

I believe Jim's HS mascot was a Polar Bear, so I think he knows a little bit about the northeast's weather :whistle:

OMG I am so tainted..........I was had to read this twice because I thought you were saying that its biased in favor of the North East like many posts in this section.....the rolling of the eyes has stopped, reread and ooops.....

Carry On

I would love to, but I unfortunately don't have a nano (I like my 40GB classic juuuuust fine), and being a poor college student, can't really go buy one... :shutup:

I gave up the nicotine 9 years ago Jan 10th and am seriously dieting right now, but unfortunately have no cartilage in my knees so running is out for me. However, there's a sweet lake a few blocks from me that is a 3 mile walk if you go all the way around it. I'm also on a big weight loss kick - I've lost 12 pounds so far. I would really love to do this, but I don't think I can afford to buy all the stuff right now. I might jump in at some point this year if I can get it together because it sounds like a great way to continue to motivate myself.

I have the same problem Sara. My joints are wasted. I've found that swimming pools are a great place to work out.

Walking laps and so forth. I found a physical therapy gym down the road from my home and they provide exercise bikes

and equipment, to work out with, in the water.

Very cool--I have an old shuffle, but maybe my husband would let me borrow his Nano.

Is wearing the thing during practice cheating? I probably went miles every single practice last summer. That drill had the color guard all over the place.

I think that using it during marching is fine :)